Neanderthal Thinking

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Big RR

Re: Neanderthal Thinking

Post by Big RR »

Well, theredefinitely would be less transmission, since this virus is transmitted through droplets of water, sputum, etc. which contain the virus. Jarl is right, it clearly does not filter out the virus, but the bare virus is not transmitted through the air, but te mask lessens the tranmission by filtering ot the droplets which contain it. It's not perfect, but it's a very simple thing that can save lives--is it that damn hard to wear a mask? FWIW, face shileds don't filter out the virus either, but can lessen transmission and are routinely used by medical professionals when the risk of transmission is high.

As for the !% or 0.1% , survival rates, we've all seen the numbers of dead and others who have suffered greatly. The governments of most countries in the world, with counsel of medical personnel, have taken extraordinary measures which have had severe consequences to prevent the huge numbers of dead and maimed, and extraordinary efforts and monies were spent to develop the vaccine and stop the spread of the virus. Yet Jarl would have all think he knows much better than the public health and medical authorities throughout the world and that they are just wasting their time. And the sad thing is, I think he really believes it.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Not to mention the death rate in this country would already be above 0.1 percent even if the entire country had already been exposed and had a definitive outcome. Jarl is just full of shit.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:02 pm
The governments of most countries in the world, with counsel of medical personnel, have taken extraordinary measures which have had severe consequences to prevent the huge numbers of dead and maimed, and extraordinary efforts and monies were spent to develop the vaccine and stop the spread of the virus. Yet Jarl would have all think he knows much better than the public health and medical authorities throughout the world and that they are just wasting their time. And the sad thing is, I think he really believes it.
THIS.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Jarl - Should we also be eliminating seatbelts, airbags, antilock brakes, smoke detectors, motorcycle helmets, locks, speed limits, lifeguards, and requirements for employees to wash their hand before touching your food? :shrug None of those things is 100% effective.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

dales

Post by dales »

Only death is 100% effective.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato