Joe takes a trip

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Gob

Joe takes a trip

Post by Gob »

Supporters of Joe Biden were tempting fate when they claimed he had not put a foot wrong during his first two months in office.

The US president managed to fall not once, not twice but three times on his way up a staircase to the Air Force One presidential aircraft on Friday.

A White House spokesperson blamed windy weather.

The triple stumble came as Biden, at 78 the oldest person ever elected US president, was departing for Atlanta from Joint Base Andrews in Maryland.

About halfway up the red carpeted stairs, Biden could be seen losing his footing before stumbling three times, eventually ending up on his left knee while still holding the railing with his right hand.

The president got back up, gave his left knee a rub and ascended the rest of the staircase before turning and saluting US marines who had flown him by helicopter to the airport from the White House.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

PMS Princess

Re: Joe takes a trip

Post by PMS Princess »

I saw this and wanted to share. Not sure if I am posting link correctly?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalHumor ... &context=3

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

It looks like a Gerald Ford rerun. Fitting; remeeber the swine flu vaccine effort?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

So far the immunization effort is going better this time.

And Biden better watch out, another slip or two and that becomes the narrative just like it did for Ford.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

He tripped 3 times. That may be a new record. Hubby asked if he was drunk. Maybe?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Long Run wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:21 pm

And Biden better watch out, another slip or two and that becomes the narrative just like it did for Ford.
Might be an opportunity for Chevy Chase to make a comeback.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

If "he's an old guy who stumbles on a staircase" is the worst thing people can find to say about Joe Biden — especially when you consider that "he's an egotistical sunuvabitch" was probably the BEST thing you could find to say about Dumb'old Trump — I'll still consider that a huge improvement.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

dales

Post by dales »

Sorry to say - I believe his health will become worse as he enters the years ahead.

It can't be helped, he is the oldest POTUS we've ever had.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

PMS Princess wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:25 am
I saw this and wanted to share. Not sure if I am posting link correctly?

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalHumor ... &context=3
Works for me, and hello again!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Gob

Post by Gob »

dales wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:22 am
Sorry to say - I believe his health will become worse as he enters the years ahead.
Inevitable.
dales wrote:
At 78 he's a spring chicken compared to our Queen.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

But old Queenie doesn’t have nuclear annihilation at her finger tips.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

dales wrote:

Big deal.  There was this one guy who had mobility issues and used a wheelchair due to complications from polio. and we elected him as our POTUS an unprecedented FOUR TIMES!  In fact, they created the first version of Air Force One — a Douglas VC-54C Skymaster, officially named "The Flying White House" but probably better known by its nickname, "The.Sacred Cow" — for him, complete with a battery-powered elevator to assist with entry and exit while in his wheelchair.  In fact, I'm guessing the only reason they still use a staircase instead of a self-contained elevator or escalator (and don't tell me they couldn't put one or both on board if they wanted to) is so the POTUS can stand half-way up the steps and pose for photos.

Despite all that, The C-SPAN Survey of Presidential Leadership (taken three times, in 2000, 2009 and 2017), along with countless other surveys and ratings both foreign and domestic have consistently ranked him as one of the five most effective / best-rated presidents of all time, alongside the likes of Washington, Lincoln, Eisenhower, and his own distant cousin, Teddy Roosevelt.

Give Biden a chance.  He might surprise all of us.    :ok
And at least he's not Trump.    :lol:    :nana
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:23 pm
But old Queenie doesn’t have nuclear annihilation at her finger tips.
I thought Jolly Olde England was a member of the Nuclear Club.
Or are you saying that someone other than Lizzie would normally have the final word on when to start tossing them around?
-"BB"-

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

JoeTakesATrip.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Come one, if saying "he's not as bad a Trump" is the bet we can say (I don't think it is, but the comments here seem to), it just puts him in the company of every other president (and probably the vast majority of Americans people in the world.