Ok Dems

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
TPFKA@W

Ok Dems

Post by TPFKA@W »

What is the plan here since Biden is not going to be able to stumble, mumble and bumble his way through 8 years. I was watching his recent address, and the man initially looked like he had had a small stroke. After multiple missteps he managed to perk up a bit then sunk into his dementia again. He is being laughed at nearly as much as his loud mouthed predecessor. He wants to tax mileage which will crush the rural poor.

You have, by dint of your vote, delivered us a complete mess. Thanks.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Ok Dems

Post by Bicycle Bill »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:42 pm
What is the plan here since Biden is not going to be able to stumble, mumble and bumble his way through 8 years. I was watching his recent address, and the man initially looked like he had had a small stroke. After multiple missteps he managed to perk up a bit then sunk into his dementia again. He is being laughed at nearly as much as his loud mouthed predecessor. He wants to tax mileage which will crush the rural poor.

You have, by dint of your vote, delivered us a complete mess. Thanks.
The plan?  Kamala takes over.  Law of succession and all that, y'know?

And for the record, what was the previous guy's plan?  Talk about stumbling, bumbling, and lying his way through four years!!

RE: the mileage tax ... highway funding is primarily raised through the taxes on gasoline — at least, that's what I've been told all these years.  Now, with the huge push on to go to hybrid or all-electric vehicles, eventually gasoline sales — along with gas tax revenues — are going to fall through the floor.  That lost revenue has to be found someplace else... whether it's through a mileage tax, higher vehicle registration fees and wheel taxes, a new NATIONAL wheel tax, toll roads, or a tax on electricity similar to the one currently found on gasoline — although that last one probably won't even get past the 'what-if' stage, because obviously not all electricity consumed would be used for powering vehicles.

If you've got any bright ideas, I'm sure we'd all like to hear them.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

The plan is to prop up Slow Joe in the Oval Office until 1/21/23, then announce he is stepping down for "health reasons".

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Or you could, you know, just ignore the bullshit Trumpist propaganda;

MAGA World says Biden's lost it. Republican senators disagree.

Look, Joe Biden was not my first, second or third choice for Democratic nominee, but that's who the country was comfortable enough with to elect as president. So far he and the rest of the administration are doing just fine, bringing actual competence to government instead of ignorance and grift. I'm okay with that, even if I'm not getting the priorities that I want.
GAH!

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

With 140 million vaccine doses administered and over 50 million people vaccinated by day 65 of his presidency, and with the relief bill already putting money in people's pockets and propping up businesses and state and local governments that would otherwise have collapsed, the Trumpanzees have to figure out some way to try to change the channel.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Or you could, you know, just ignore the bullshit Trumpist propaganda;

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So now, anything witnessed with my own eyes, in the full un-doctored video, if it in anyway throws shade on the party and its actions is to be dismissed as "Trumpist propaganda"?

You are now officially on my list of loons.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

How can ANYONE watch Biden over the last year and not realize the man is in an advancing state of senile dementia?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

TPFKA@W wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:42 pm
You have, by dint Biden of your vote, delivered us a complete mess. Thanks.
Look at the positive side.

We have removed a super stupid narcissistic ass with halitosis.

Um diddle diddle diddle, um diddle aye...

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

I am now honestly wondering-has Biden had a mild stroke?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:06 pm
I am now honestly wondering-has Biden had a mild stroke?
But when a seated president had an 'R' after their name — like Ronald W. Reagan, who was clearly showing signs of Alzheimers during his second term, or D. J. "Dishonest John" Trump, who basically dictated his own medical condition reports and had his trained doctors just sign off on them — then it was OK?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:09 pm
How can ANYONE watch Biden over the last year and not realize the man is in an advancing state of senile dementia?
How can ANYONE have watched Trump for four years, and then voted for another four years, and still feel that Biden is less competent than Trump?

P.S. Biden won because 81,283,098 people thought he could do a better job than Trump, and so far he's doing that.

P.P.S. 81,283,098 people also voted for Kamala Harris to do the job if Biden can't. If that should happen, I'd have no trouble whatsoever accepting it. As Bill points out, that's the way the Constitution works.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:06 pm

But when a seated president had an 'R' after their name — like Ronald W. Reagan, who was clearly showing signs of Alzheimers during his second term, or D. J. "Dishonest John" Trump, who basically dictated his own medical condition reports and had his trained doctors just sign off on them — then it was OK?
-"BB"-
I was a not an adult when Reagan left office-though I have no reason to believe he had any mental problems even then, and good reason to believe he did not. (Speaking to someone who read his White House diaries-the writing deteriorated a bit, but the mind behind it did not.) I have no reason to believe that Trump has any mental problems. (Being a jerk and/or a blowhard are not medical problems.)

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Econoline wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:13 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
How can ANYONE have watched Trump for four years, and then voted for another four years, and still feel that Biden is less competent than Trump?
Because Trump does not have senile dementia. Biden does.

Competence was never the issue.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:21 pm
Econoline wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:13 pm
Jarlaxle wrote:
Because Trump does not have senile dementia. Biden does.
So...people (like you) just *THINKING* that a politician from the opposing party has senile dementia (or a stroke, or some other medical condition) is evidence of that condition? And why isn't people (like me) just thinking that Trump had senile dementia (or a stroke, or some other medical condition) considered evidence? (Do we put it to a vote? Oh, wait. We already just did that.)
Competence is and was the ONLY issue.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

The initial words that Biden spoke in his speech really smacked of someone having a TIA or a very smallish stroke. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I have spent years trying to figure out this sort of thing in my patients. It looked familiar, and not because he is a democrat.

None of it is confidence inspiring. It also has nothing to do with Reagan, Trump or any other president you wish to toss out as a distraction.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

“Y’know, I just got, I turned off the news, I get all these flash reports, and they’re telling me about the border, they’re telling me about China, they’re telling me about Iran—how’re we doing with Iran, howdya like that? Boy, they were ready to make a deal, they woulda done anything, they woulda done anything, and this guy goes and drops the sanctions and then he says, ‘We’d love to negotiate now,’ [and Iran says], ‘We’re not dealing with the United States at all,’ oh, well, they don’t want to deal with us. And China, the same thing, they never treated us that way, right? You saw what happened a few days ago, was terrible, and uh, the border is not good, the border is the worst anybody’s ever seen it, and what you see now, multiply it by 10, Jim—you would know how to handle the border tougher than me. We have to, and the tough is... in the most humanitarian way, because that’s what it is. What’s happening to the kids, they’re living in squalor, they’re living like nobody has ever seen anybody, there’s never been anything like what’s, and you’re gonna have hundreds, and you have it now, they have the airplane photos, the shocks, and they call ’em shocks, and these things are showing thousands and thousands of people coming up from South America and it’s gonna be, it’s just uh, look, it’s a disaster. It’s a humanitarian disaster from their standpoint, and it’s gonna destroy the country, frankly, the country can’t afford it because you’re talking about massive, just incredible massive amounts. Our school systems, our hospital systems, everything.”
Four years of that, and worse, and no one carping now about the alleged "signs" of Biden's supposed "dementia" had word one to say about it.

So don't take the rest of us for idiots by pretending that you actually believe your own bullshit.

Keep your tongues swirling inside Trump's rectum. I'm sure Jarlaxle's wife will get off on watching him do that to another dude.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Jarlaxle wrote:
You really believe that???? Unfortunately incompetence - even world class level total inability to maintain a thought for more than five minutes - is not grounds for impeachment. Read The Fifth Risk by Michael Stewart. PM me your address Jarl and I'll send you my copy. I'll even pay the shipping if you promise to read it. Think of me as your local version of Jeff Bezos.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:20 pm
I have no reason to believe that Trump has any mental problems.
Then your standards for "reason to believe that Trump has any mental problems" are obviously completely different from your standards for "reason to believe that Trump has any mental problems".
(Being a jerk and/or a blowhard are not medical problems.)
Hey, why not all three? Donald J. Trump is living proof that a person's being a jerk and/or a blowhard doesn't preclude their ALSO having mental problems.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Scooter wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:37 am
“Y’know, I just got, I turned off the news, I get all these flash reports, and they’re telling me about the border, they’re telling me about China, they’re telling me about Iran—how’re we doing with Iran, howdya like that? Boy, they were ready to make a deal, they woulda done anything, they woulda done anything, and this guy goes and drops the sanctions and then he says, ‘We’d love to negotiate now,’ [and Iran says], ‘We’re not dealing with the United States at all,’ oh, well, they don’t want to deal with us. And China, the same thing, they never treated us that way, right? You saw what happened a few days ago, was terrible, and uh, the border is not good, the border is the worst anybody’s ever seen it, and what you see now, multiply it by 10, Jim—you would know how to handle the border tougher than me. We have to, and the tough is... in the most humanitarian way, because that’s what it is. What’s happening to the kids, they’re living in squalor, they’re living like nobody has ever seen anybody, there’s never been anything like what’s, and you’re gonna have hundreds, and you have it now, they have the airplane photos, the shocks, and they call ’em shocks, and these things are showing thousands and thousands of people coming up from South America and it’s gonna be, it’s just uh, look, it’s a disaster. It’s a humanitarian disaster from their standpoint, and it’s gonna destroy the country, frankly, the country can’t afford it because you’re talking about massive, just incredible massive amounts. Our school systems, our hospital systems, everything.”
What's even MORE amazing is that this wasn't from his tenure as POTUS.  It wasn't even from one of his post-election tirades about how the election was supposedly stolen from him.  No, this was just yesterday, when he took over the microphone at a wedding reception being held at his Mar-A-Lago golf club and went off on his disjointed, stream-of-unconsciousness spiel, just like that one uncle who you knew wouldn't be able to hold his liquor but you still had to invite him anyway.

That's right.... someone, obviously someone well connected with the upper level of the Trumpublican Party, actually paid money — and probably not an insubstantial sum — to celebrate their marriage at this fool's venue, and he figured that this gave him carte blanche to basically grab the mike and go into his usual "enough about you; let's talk about ME!" routine.

Then he asks, "Do you miss me yet?"
No, asshole.  We can't even THINK about missing you if you won't GO AWAY!!
-"BB"-
Last edited by Bicycle Bill on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:01 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
You really believe that???? Unfortunately incompetence - even world class level total inability to maintain a thought for more than five minutes - is not grounds for impeachment. Read The Fifth Risk by Michael Stewart. PM me your address Jarl and I'll send you my copy. I'll even pay the shipping if you promise to read it. Think of me as your local version of Jeff Bezos.
Competence was never the issue. A 1-minute perusal of the Democrat platform and I would vote for anyone else.

I am 100% in favor of taking a chainsaw to the federal government...so I'm not likely to give a shit about what happens at most of the alphabet-soup agencies unless it is shutting them down.