The Day Martin Luther King Died

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
liberty

Re: The Day Martin Luther King Died

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:47 am
liberty, you've got the snap-band on that MAGA hat of yours at least one notch too tight.  Go back and show me ANYWHERE where Meade — or I — said burning an auto-parts store was worthy of respect.  My exact words were
Tell me — just whatinthehell did a liquor store or an auto parts store on Lake Street, or a Target store a half-mile away, or a sci-fi bookstore on Chicago Avenue (over a mile away) have to do with a police officer kneeling on a suspect's neck?  But it didn't matter to the "protestors" ... they (and others) were all looted, vandalized, and/or went up in smoke anyway.
Since I apparently have to spell it out for you, and in big letters to boot — In this case I was calling out the protestors — and at no point did I say they were only of one race, color, or ethnic descent; hell, I didn't even say they were all liberals! — for senseless vandalism, looting, and arson just for the sake of, as at least one protestor was quoted in the Minneapolis papers in the couple of days following, "getting someone's attention."

So kindly go eff-off until you are capable of comprehending the written word at something above a 4th-grade level.

And thank you for the bucolic story of your friend who was raising feral hogs and got pissed off when someone shot them before they could become too serious a problem.
-"BB"-
Wasn't someone saying something about reading comprehension? Shirley, you know the difference between penned-up hogs and feral hogs.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Are you from Ohio, and did you ever post on any other board under the handle of 'jay'?

You wrote,
Because pigs tend to produce a smell, he placed the pig pin in his woods next to the creek. He started with one breeding pair and built up a pretty good-sized herd with a couple of litters.
I live in Wisconsin, which ain't all that far from Iowa, where they raise a helluvalot of hogs.  They don't hide the pigpens out in the woods.  And as for the smell, well, I've heard more than one Iowan refer to that as "the smell of money" (it's the same with the 'fresh country air' that a herd of milking Holsteins can produce here in America's Dairyland).  Makes it sound like he was trying to raise hogs in an area that wasn't zoned for agricultural pursuits, so he was forced to do it on the down-low.

And even if he DID have them confined, if those pigs ever got free of the pen you now have the start of a feral hog problem.  Sort of like the first guy who couldn't handle his python any longer and figured he'd turn it loose in the swamp.  After all, it's just one snake, right?  How much harm could THAT be?

Now look what we've got!
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:23 pm
The tone of your writing sounded like you were demanding respect for black rioters.
No. It did not.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts