Wow! Is that what THEY listen to all day?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
MGMcAnick

Wow! Is that what THEY listen to all day?

Post by MGMcAnick »

I spent a chunk of my afternoon in a local tire shop waiting for some tires to be installed and TPMS reset. I wish I could identify the TV station that was on, but my angle was bad. I did not see the names of any of three or four talking heads participating. Let me tell you, if the rednecks in thatvshop listen too that all the time, it's not wonder they drank the Trump kool-aid.
Did you know that Nancy Pelosi is a communist set to take over the whole government? How about Joe Biden's boldfaced lies to America.
9What a bunch of BS.
I wonder if the owner, who was there, has any idea how offensive his TV may be to his customers.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

BoSoxGal

Re: Wow! Is that what THEY listen to all day?

Post by BoSoxGal »

It’s usually FOX News - plays all day long in many auto shop waiting rooms - and even some medical office waiting rooms that have live TV!

Or it might have been NewsMax, which is apparently pretty obnoxious in the messaging too.

Thankfully it’s been a few years since I’ve worked with a client who plays FOX News all day, but I still shudder at the memory of being exposed to it all day long. It is really poisonous stuff and I actually feel a lot of pain and sympathy for the people who fall victim to it and the families who lose a family member to that poison. It is a very close next step to Q from FOX, too, so many are lost down that rabbit hole.

This country is so well primed for a conflagration.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

In the afternoon lineup on the mountain West schedule it might have been The Five - it’s a panel of 5 hosts like The View, but they don’t sit behind a high table they sit around a coffee table, so the females can wear short skirts and show off their long legs and spike heels which is the Roger Ailes news model of appealing to the male masses by presenting through heavily made up, cleavage baring legs on full display lady meat. This show once included Kimberly Guilfoyle on the panel - she’s Trump Jr.’s arm candy and a perfect example of the psychopaths who make up the majority of FOX News’s opinion anchor lineup.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

I'm sure it wasn't Faux. I've seen Faux before. Might have been NewsMax, but The Five format doesn't seem right. I should have taken notes.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

It's a conservative conspiratorial subliminal message tactic to have right wing TV blaring all day at tire shops. The idea is to influence people at places where the rubber meets the road.

dales

Post by dales »

WGAF what they listen to!

Is my automobile repaired properly at a fair price?

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Joe Guy wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:04 am
It's a conservative conspiratorial subliminal message tactic to have right wing TV blaring all day at tire shops. The idea is to influence people at places where the rubber meets the road.
It's like soap operas, or an "Apartment 3G" or "Mary Worth" comic strip, but for guys.  You can watch it for a while, go away for a bit, and then come back and it might be different faces, but they're still playing the same old tune on the same old one-stringed fiddle.
Blanche: I love my comics.  Every day, Marmaduke and Apt. 3G.
Dorothy: I haven't read Apt. 3G since... 1961!
Blanche: Oh, well let me catch you up.  It's later the same day...
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:39 am
Blanche: I love my comics.  Every day, Marmaduke and Apt. 3G.
Dorothy: I haven't read Apt. 3G since... 1961!
Blanche: Oh, well let me catch you up.  It's later the same day...
All right, *that* was funny!
GAH!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Can't claim it as original... that's straight from the script of a "Golden Girls" episode.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?