And in the "which Republican member of Congress is the biggest moron" category...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
ex-khobar Andy

Re: And in the "which Republican member of Congress is the biggest moron" category...

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

There comes a point at which you can no longer believe the evidence of your own eyes. Surely it is not possible to be that fucking dim. It's off the scale.

Mind you this is the same Marjorie Taylor Green who warned us about the gazpacho police patrolling the Capitol. This is industrial strength - I was going to say lunacy but that's the wrong word - idiocy isn't correct either - there must be an English word which conveys the total fucking mindlessness of this sort of manifestation, but I really cannot think of it. There are people who will continue to elect her because it pisses off the libs.

She reminds me of the blackest material on the planet. You sort of think you know what 'black' is - after all you can buy a can of black paint at Lowes or Home Depot and that's black. Black is black. But regular Dutch Boy or Dulux (for our UK viewers) black is around 5% reflective. Researchers at Rice University (Texas) have found a carbon nanotube material which is the blackest stuff ever made at 99.9% absorbent (visible spectrum). You didn't know that there was a scale of blackness that goes way beyond normal human experience. That's MTG on the scale of human stupidity.

Crackpot

Re: And in the "which Republican member of Congress is the biggest moron" category...

Post by Crackpot »

Did she also say “babble movement”
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Gob

Post by Gob »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 3:11 pm

She reminds me of the blackest material on the planet. You sort of think you know what 'black' is - after all you can buy a can of black paint at Lowes or Home Depot and that's black. Black is black. But regular Dutch Boy or Dulux (for our UK viewers) black is around 5% reflective. Researchers at Rice University (Texas) have found a carbon nanotube material which is the blackest stuff ever made at 99.9% absorbent (visible spectrum). You didn't know that there was a scale of blackness that goes way beyond normal human experience. That's MTG on the scale of human stupidity.
But is she as black as priests socks?

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

No soup for you!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:49 am
No soup for you!
The Soup Nazi on Marjorie Taylor Greene’s gazpacho police:

‘I knew I was in trouble’

...it’s not the first time soup and fascism have been linked in American popular culture.  A 1995 episode of 'Seinfeld' featured the cast visiting a celebrated Manhattan soup spot whose owner was a real stickler for the rules, earning him the nickname "the Soup Nazi".

We asked Larry Thomas, who played the character, for his take on the moment as soups and Nazis march back into the headlines.

Thomas, no fan of Greene or the ex-president she claims won re-election, says he was floored by the comments.  “How in the world can a grown person, who grew up in the 20th century, not know what the word 'Gestapo' is?” he asks.  “They say ‘You can’t write this shit.’  It’s beyond 'you can’t write this shit'.”

When he heard Greene’s remarks, he knew he’d be dragged into the picture.  “If she got the word wrong with a nonsensical word, it would be one thing, but I knew as soon as she actually used the name of a soup that I was in trouble,” Thomas says.  “And then she turns around and makes an actual Soup Nazi reference [on Twitter], you know, the ‘no soup for you, and you’re gonna end up in the goulash.’  I’m sure somebody wrote that for her.  She can’t possibly be that funny.”
.......From the Guardian
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Going to the Congress critter that was first nominated for the title at the head of this thread, I note that he has made himself ineligible for this award by losing his primary. After one term he will not be a member of the next congress.

However, I just reviewed Mr. Cawthorn's CV as described in Wikipedia and I am completely puzzled. Consistent practice of resume inflation. No job history beyond flunky. His physical handicap due to auto accident where he was riding in a BMW while his feet were on the dash and the driver fell asleep. No formal education beyond flunking out first semester at a lower tier college after 12 years of home schooling.

We need a new category: Dumbest Congressional Electoral District.

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Burning Petard wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 9:48 am
No formal education beyond flunking out first semester at a lower tier college after 12 years of home schooling.

Far be it from me to defend Mr. Cawthorn in any way, but just because someone did not complete a college degree does not mean that they are not educated, or incapable of making wise decisions.

However, i will blame his district for electing a green-as-grass kid who hadn't had the opportunity to display any evidence of that, but won his race primarily by riding on Trump's coat-tails, using a campaign strategy of lies and information — with enough race-baiting tossed into the mix in order to pander to the dimwitted rednecks and closet Klansmen in his district.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Fittingly today is the 170th birthday of Julius Richard 'Peach Tree' Petri who invented his eponymous dish.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Neither are in Congress but one is a hero to many MTG types and believe the idea is brilliant. (and of course, one's an actor just acting stupid)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhZTrtv-uJw&t=74s

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Exciting news: we have a new entrant in this category! Greg Steube (R-Fla) posted this tweet:

CNN pointed out that they hadn't actually set up their studio in the Capitol's Statuary Hall but had used what is technically called a 'screen' as a backdrop. (I hate to blind our readers with scientific terminology but sometimes it's unavoidable.)

Other tweetsters pointed out that there had been rumors that others, not CNN, had tried to use Statuary Hall - where Abraham Lincoln's desk had once stood - for political purposes . . .

Rep Steube has since deleted this tweet. Maybe he's not so dumb after all.

Edited to correct a couple of typos.
Last edited by ex-khobar Andy on Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:59 am
(R-Fla)
Pretty much all you need to know.
GAH!

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Burning Petard wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 9:48 am
His physical handicap due to auto accident where he was riding in a BMW while his feet were on the dash and the driver fell asleep.
snailgate
Every once in a while I see someone riding in the passenger seat with their feet up on the dash. IF I happen to catch them at a traffic light, or wherever, I will ask them if they can bend over and kiss their ankles in 55 milliseconds. I'm usually met with a blank stare. Then I will explain that 55 milliseconds is all it takes for the air bag to deploy. That's about 200 MPH for 12 to 18 inches. I've never had one keep their feet on the dash.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I've never had one keep their feet on the dash.
You must be in a much more well-mannered part of the country than I am; if someone did that here, I imagine they'd get, at the very least, a rude comment and gesture, and likely a soda (or coffee) in the face, followed by driving away with their feet still on the dash. People usually don't like unsolicited advice, however good it is.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I actually pulled up next to a car the other day where the young passenger had her feet on the dash. It was a nice spring day we all had our windows down and I briefly contemplated saying something to them, but a voice in my head said ARE YOU NUTS?! STFU! so I didn’t. People just aren’t all that nice these days so I feel like unsolicited advice is a business to stay clear of.

In other news a couple of months ago on one of the first warm spring days I also pulled up next to a couple of gals with their windows also down and ended up interacting with them because my dog had her head out the window and whined to get the driver’s attention; she turned, saw Riley’s freckled face and said ‘OMG I’m dead’ which I gather is youthspeak for being gobsmacked by an adorable dog. She then talked to the dog until the light changed and we all had to get moving again.

Dogs can be wonderful icebreakers/peacemakers.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:16 pm
Dogs are the best people.

GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Sue U wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:22 pm
BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:16 pm
Dogs are the best people.

:ok
~ Carl Sagan