Universal health care would get these fruitcakes the psychiatric help they so desperately need

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Crackpot

Re: Universal health care would get these fruitcakes the psychiatric help they so desperately need

Post by Crackpot »

Presidential succession is a mess beyond the first step.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Crackpot

Re: Universal health care would get these fruitcakes the psychiatric help they so desperately need

Post by Crackpot »

Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:28 pm
But let me throw you another hypothetical: Obama becomes the Speaker of the House after his two terms and the president and VP are killed. Could he assume the presidency? Under your analysis, I would guess so, but is the Speaker elected to the Office? I think the 22nd amendment treats a VP as being elected since it provides specifically for assumption of less than half the term as an exception to the elected to more than two terms, but what about the Speaker (or anyone else in the line of succession)?
According to the Constitution (Article 1, Section 2), "The House of Representatives shall chuse [sic] their Speaker and other Officers... " — and apparently, while it has always been one of the members of the House who is elevated to the position, there is no requirement that the Speaker of the House MUST be an incumbent member of the House.  In fact, I recall reading where someone came up with the convoluted process whereby Trump was appointed Speaker of the House; then the Republicans get rid of the Democratic duo in the White House and Trump, by virtue of being the Speaker and third in the line of succession in this acid-trip fantasy, completes a Republican coup d'etat and becomes President again.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Gob

Post by Gob »

Your system is fucked.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”