Kayleighative Dissonance

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Kayleighative Dissonance

Post by Joe Guy »

Kayleigh McEnany Claim On Fox News Has Critics Wondering 'What Planet' She's Been On

Former White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany confounded critics Tuesday when she claimed the nation did not see “crisis after crisis” under former President Donald Trump, who was impeached twice and oversaw the management of a devastating coronavirus pandemic that has killed hundreds of thousands of Americans.

During a conversation on Fox News about President Joe Biden’s plunge in approval ratings amid the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan and a surge in COVID-19 infections driven by the delta variant of the virus, McEnany tried to rewrite history about his predecessor.

“We are eight months into a Biden presidency,” she said. “Wrap your head around that. We still have three years and four months left.”

“Look, when President Trump was president, you didn’t see crisis after crisis. You just didn’t see it,” she added.

“I shudder to think about what COVID would have been like under Joe Biden.”

Under Trump, more than 400,000 people died in the U.S. of COVID-19, a figure that epidemiologists predicted could have been much lower if mitigation measures had been enforced earlier. But in the early stages of the pandemic, when experts were sounding the alarm, Trump was denying the reality of the pandemic and comparing the coronavirus to “the common flu.” He was impeached in 2019 for abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, and again in 2021 for inciting a violent insurrection on the U.S. Capitol that left five people dead. The Senate did not vote to convict Trump in either impeachment case.
source

BoSoxGal

Re: Kayleighative Dissonance

Post by BoSoxGal »

I’ve been reading comments on Facebook about the terror attack in Kabul; I follow Josh Hawley and a few other Republicans because I think it’s important to know what the rising fascists are up to. Anyway the comments today are just almost too much to bear. The fractures in this country are almost beyond comprehension - some naive part of me held out hope that the defeat of Trump would begin to set things right but I am more certain with each passing day that I will never see a normal America again in my lifetime.

Honestly it’s all so incredibly depressing that I’m beginning to think I will need to quit all forms of social media and following the news to preserve my sanity. If I could bring my dog along I would volunteer to be a cook at an Antarctic science station in a heartbeat.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

You might be in luck, BSG. Dogs - including sled dogs - were banned from Antarctica because they were once thought to be potential carriers of a seal virus very similar to canine distemper. More recent research has shown that the seal and canine viruses are much less similar than first thought and that there is no chance that dogs would import the seal virus.

There is as yet no move to bring dogs back to Antarctica, but watch this space.

Reference here.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:35 am
Honestly it’s all so incredibly depressing that I’m beginning to think I will need to quit all forms of social media and following the news to preserve my sanity. If I could bring my dog along I would volunteer to be a cook at an Antarctic science station in a heartbeat.
What?  You think those researchers only play cards, read books, or wait for the mail delivery when they aren't actually conducting research?   Maybe that was the case back in the middle 20th century, like when 1958 was declared the 'International Geophysical Year', but I bet that now they are probably heavier users of social media in their situation than a 16-year-old HS girl who's addicted to TikTok and is simultaneously trying to decide which guy they're going to let take her to prom.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?