I don't know how I missed this Inskeep-Trump intervew

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
MGMcAnick

I don't know how I missed this Inskeep-Trump intervew

Post by MGMcAnick »

I often listen to The Morning Edition. If this has been mentioned here before, I didn't see that either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyCBPEM-pHw
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Burning Petard

Re: I don't know how I missed this Inskeep-Trump intervew

Post by Burning Petard »

I do not understand the question from so many of the MAGA crowd "How could Biden get elected when his campaign crowds were so sparse compared to Trump?" To me the answer is obvious: 70 million voters voted for Trump. 80 million voted against Trump. The Dems could have run their much remarked Yellow Dog and Trump would have still lost.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Yes, but also another obvious answer: in the middle of a deadly pandemic, voters inclined to vote for Biden weren’t stupid enough to attend mass gatherings. Given the data on who is getting vaccinated and adhering to mask advisories and where the rates of covid19 deaths are highest, it makes perfect sense.

But Trump is a malignant narcissist and as such, he just cannot conceive of people who don’t need mass adulation to feel good about themselves (Biden) or people who don’t easily fall into mass adulating cult leader worship mode (Biden voters). It is truly beyond his grasp.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Here's Seth Meyers closer look at the interview. Go to about 2:00 for the fun stuff to begin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqO2oFjWrg

I truly do not understand how so many reasonably intelligent people believe him. 1D10T syndrome?
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MGMcAnick wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:37 am
Here's Seth Meyers closer look at the interview. Go to about 2:00 for the fun stuff to begin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCqO2oFjWrg

I truly do not understand how so many reasonably intelligent people believe him. 1D10T syndrome?
I think that's a pretty safe assessment, MG.  Check out the link in this post for further evidence.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

So what to you mean by reasonably intelligent people MG? You have worked in a job where you were constantly dealing with ordinary people. You have never made the connection between how frustrating that can be, and the statistical reality that a significant minority of the population has an IQ of less than 100? At least a couple of the posters here cannot read with any 'reasonable comprehension.

Or perhaps you are confirming the public stereotype of used car dealers and depend on that connection to pay your bills.

(OK, I admit that last remark is nasty and personal. I am sorry.)

snailgate