Karma in Pittsburg?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Burning Petard

Karma in Pittsburg?

Post by Burning Petard »

Western Pennsylvania is deep, solid Trump country.

This morning a major bridge into Pittsburg collapsed, sending cars and a public transit bus into a deep ravine, a gazziliion feet below.

Today Biden is scheduled to be in Pittsburg to speak on his Bild Back Better proposal.

Not pretty.

snailgate

Guinevere

Re: Karma in Pittsburg?

Post by Guinevere »

Karma, not so sure, but a clear demonstration of why major federal investment in infrastructure is necessary.
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Trumpistas are not noted for acknowledging the implications of a clear demonstration.

snailgate

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Burning Petard wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:14 pm
Western Pennsylvania is deep, solid Trump country.

This morning a major bridge into Pittsburg collapsed, sending cars and a public transit bus into a deep ravine, a gazziliion feet below.

Today Biden is scheduled to be in Pittsburg to speak on his Bild Back Better proposal.

Not pretty.

snailgate
Nice try. (Actually, not really...) Pittsburgh, of course, has been a Democrat stronghold for decades. They have not elected a Republican mayor since 1932. The city council is 100% Democrat.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

That's the Pittsburgh with the H in PA, not the one in Kansas that didn't get one when they were dealing them out.

The news pix didn't look like it was all that deep, but then 150 feet, if you were in a car or bus, 'crossing it at the time of collapse, was plenty deep. It was last inspected last September. I think the inspector is looking for a new job.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/bridge-collap ... d=82531541
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Jar, I carefully said Western PA. Philly and Pitts keep the democratic party alive in PA. Western PA is the basket of deplorables Ms Clinton spoke of.

snailgate.

dales

Post by dales »

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THIS PLACE:

Pittsburg is a city in Contra Costa County, California, United States. It is an industrial suburb located on the southern shore of the Suisun Bay in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area, and is part of the Sacramento–San Joaquin River Delta area. The population was 63,264 at the 2010 United States Census.

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

dales wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:35 am

Pittsburg is a city in Contra Costa County, California, United States. * * *The population was 63,264 at the 2010 United States Census.
It is always astounding how many cities in CA have over 50,000 and even 100,000, and if you ever knew the place existed, you could easily forget.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Long Run wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:32 pm
dales wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:35 am

Pittsburg is a city in Contra Costa County, California, United States. * * *The population was 63,264 at the 2010 United States Census.
It is always astounding how many cities in CA have over 50,000 and even 100,000, and if you ever knew the place existed, you could easily forget.
When I was a kid, the town where I now live was mostly farms and orchards but rapidly developing as a suburban bedroom community of Camden and Philadelphia. Today it is itself a small city of 75,000 -- and now a larger population than Camden's, which in its prime had 125,000. And given the rate of construction of high-density housing around here, I wouldn't be surprised to see this town hit 100,000 within 10 years. But with that kind of growth we need to seriously improve mass transit options.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

When they start to get big, there's always a problem with governance. Most smaller town have an administrator and a part time mayor and council, as they get bigger, they need something a little different. Our town has a strong mayor and part time council (much like NYC), and while it does work some time, it places a lot of power (too much IMHO) in the hands of one person (or party); it's amazing some of the damage that can be caused when one person can essentially rule by decree.

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

At the risk of freying Sue's sensibilities, it is a bit different in California:
And they called it paradise
I don't know why
Somebody laid the mountains low
While the town got high

Then the chilly winds blew down
Across the desert
Through the canyons of the coast
To the Malibu

Where the pretty people play
Hungry for power
To light their neon way
Give them things to do

Some rich men came and raped the land
Nobody caught 'em
Put up a bunch of ugly boxes
And Jesus people bought 'em

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Long Run wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:28 pm
At the risk of freying Sue's sensibilities, it is a bit different in California:
GAH!