Justice Clarence Thomas hospitalized since Friday with ‘flu’

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Justice Clarence Thomas hospitalized since Friday with ‘flu’

Post by BoSoxGal »

E37A2171-0320-43EC-AA1F-A56D3889DD51.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Re: Justice Clarence Thomas hospitalized since Friday with ‘flu’

Post by Joe Guy »

I'm sure he would respond with:

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

From a commenter on Charlie Pierce's blog:
I just want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with the currently hospitalized Clarence Thomas. I’d rather not say just what those thoughts and prayers are… 🤔😉😊
:ok
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Washington Post had update yesterday that he was still in the Hospital. As of Thursday 7pm DC local, No further from WaPo, so he must still be in the Hospital. Intravenous antibiotics usually means something serious. Meanwhile, his wife is a major tv story about her personal support of the stolen election hoax.

snailgate

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Yes I’m beginning to think Justice Thomas isn’t okay. Maybe an infection that went septic? This is a serious risk especially in older folks. Sepsis is a leading cause of death in the USA, in fact.

I laughed when I saw that his wife was in the thick of trying to overturn the 2020 election.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I had not realized how deeply Ginni Thomas was mired into the stolen election story. Here's a summary at NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/24/us/p ... adows.html . She's ass-deep in it as far as I can tell. And she wants us to believe that she was there on Jan 6 but left before the main event?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Maybe a pubic hair got into Clarence's Coke and he choked on it. I sure hope he's okay. Whatever the problem is, he should retire immediately.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Burning Petard wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:15 pm
Washington Post had update yesterday that he was still in the Hospital. As of Thursday 7pm DC local, No further from WaPo, so he must still be in the Hospital. Intravenous antibiotics usually means something serious.
About thirty years ago or so, I was on IV antibiotics on an in-patient basis for a case of cellulitis after it didn't respond to oral antibiotics.  Was in hospital for three or four days, then released with a PICC (peripherally inserted central catheter) line that inserted into my forearm to continue long-term antibiotics (specifically, nafcillin) for about another 14 days.  I don't know if it was all that serious — as in life-threatening — but it was apparently something more significant that just a cut that wouldn't heal up properly.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:49 am
I had not realized how deeply Ginni Thomas was mired into the stolen election story. Here's a summary at NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/24/us/p ... adows.html . She's ass-deep in it as far as I can tell. And she wants us to believe that she was there on Jan 6 but left before the main event?
My bet is Justice Thomas is planning to stay hospitalized as long as possible.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On the serious side, it puts a different spin on sole dissent in the Trump document case a few weeks back; not even Cavanaugh would go that far.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

The NY Times reports Thomas was released from the hospital Yesterday (Friday 23 Mar) The story online has very little about his actual medical condition.
snailgate