Redpilled

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Redpilled

Post by Joe Guy »

Ugh....

red pill: cause (someone) to have their perspective dramatically transformed, especially by introducing them to a new and typically disturbing understanding of the true nature of a particular situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZUiW0wp53s

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Redpilled

Post by Bicycle Bill »

You saw who posted that video on YouTube, didn't you?  Charlie Kirk — a still wet-behind-the-ears conservative twat from Illinois who has been drinking the Trump-ade for the better part of his life.  I'm sure he's hoping to parlay his Apple podcasts and his so-called radio show (or whatever) on something called "Salem Radio Network" into a spot on NewsMax or Fox News.

But the kid in the video does have one thing correct.  "Black Lives Matter" DOESN'T matter... and the real reason is because NO ONE'S life matters — blacks, whites, minorities, the handicapped, the young, heterosexuals, homosexuals, transgenders, women, nobody — at least not to the people running the companies or the banks or the government.  Unless you have a couple of hundred million dollars and can hobnob on their level, you are just disposable, consumable raw material to keep them in their cushy positions and corporate jets and custom yachts.

They'll put you to work, sure — they'll give you a job for the absolute least they can legally get away with paying you. How else can you explain policy that sets the minimum wage for waitresses at less per hour than the price of the bottle of domestic beer they serve you?  And benefits?  Fuhgeddaboudit!  Then they will spend much of what they DON'T pay their employees to support, elect, and re-elect the people who pass the laws to permit them to do that in the first place, laws that make it more difficult for employees to organize, laws that hobble existing unions, and laws like so-called "RIGHT TO WORK" and "AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT" laws that make it easier and easier to discharge anyone for any reason, such as a woman who dares to become pregnant, have a baby, and is NOT willing to get right up out of the delivery stirrups and be back on the job the next day but would prefer to take some time off to recover and to care for her newborn.

And then, when said employee DOES burn out, get used up, or just no longer become of value to them — or somehow finds themself in a position to tell 'em to take a fuggin' hike and walk away — they'll replace them with the next wage-slave in line, just like they would a dried-out ballpoint pen with the next one out of the box.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I'd never heard of Charlie Kirk until now. After reading about him, I understand why he posted the video and why there are so many stupid comments, for example, "This beautiful man’s eyes are wide open!!!"

Gob

Post by Gob »

Who are these gibbering idiots?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:55 am
Ugh....

red pill: cause (someone) to have their perspective dramatically transformed, especially by introducing them to a new and typically disturbing understanding of the true nature of a particular situation.
Having never seen a nit I couldn't pick . . .

Why (how?) did someone think that this was a "BLM Supporter" being "redpilled"? I did not see his "perspective transformed". He was not introduced to a "new and typically disturbing understanding". Clearly, he is opposed to BLM.

All that happened here is the the people at the front spouted the same stuff as the guy at the back. Nobody's opinion, mind or position was changed.

But he also hit on a clever linguistic device - the marketing genius of lumping disparate teeny minorities into one amorphous mass to make them sound important by the use of acronyms and abbreviations. LGBT becomes LGBTQ becomes LGBTQI?+. Now add some BLM and some (what was it . . . PRICUP? something like that), we'll eventually be able to subsume all humanity under the new buzz-term ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. Print media will have a hernia. Sentences will be much longer. Eventually we can gain relief by referring to people as members of the ALPHABET community. :lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:54 am
Eventually we can gain relief by referring to people as members of the ALPHABET community. :lol:
I said that over a year ago when they first started adding the Q and the I to the LGBT.
And as far as that goes, why do lesbians (the L in the acronym) get special mention and reference?  Doesn't 'gay' (the G in the acronym) cover homosexuality in whatever form — tribadism, sodomy, frottage, fellatio, cunnilingus, take your pick — it assumes?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?