Sean Penn is Unbearable at Times....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Sean Penn is Unbearable at Times....

Post by Joe Guy »

smelting disassembly line.jpg

Sean Penn's Garage

Actor Sean Penn Threatens To Smelt His Oscars In Public If Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky Is Not Invited To Speak At The Academy Awards

Sean Penn gives the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences an ultimatum regarding Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky ahead of the Oscars tomorrow. Penn, who took home the awards for Best Actor for the films Mystic River and Milk, told Acosta that the Oscars must have Zelensky on the program — otherwise, viewers and guests should boycott the ceremony. (we don't need to boycott. Not many people are expected to watch like many used to do in the past - and those who are viewing, aren't watching for political statements)

“If it turns out to be what is happening, I would encourage everyone involved, though it may be their moment, and I understand that, to celebrate their films, it is so much more importantly their moment to shine, and to protest and to boycott that Academy Awards. I myself, if it comes back to it, when I return, I will smelt mine in public,” Penn said. (Ahhh..go smelt yourself! I'd watch that) “I pray that’s not what happened. I pray there have not been arrogant people who consider themselves representatives of the greater good who have decided not to check in with leadership in Ukraine. So I’m going to hope that’s not what happened, and I hope everyone walks out if it is.”

The actor is shooting a documentary for Vice about the Ukrainian/Russian conflict. (Then wait and show the documentary to people who are interested in a documentary) He met with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky this week. According to the Daily Mail, Penn also attended a government press briefing today as the country rallied itself against the attack. Zelensky previously posted a video on Instagram of the two together. He wrote in a caption: “The more people know about the war in the Ukraine, the higher the likelihood of stopping Russia!” Penn is now in Warsaw for safety reasons.

On March 25, The New York Post claimed that President Zelensky is in talks to appear at the Oscars but nothing has been confirmed. Other celebrities have rallied for his appearance on the show including Amy Schumer who mentioned the idea on The Drew Barrymore Show.

“I wanted to find a way to have Zelensky satellite in or make a tape or something, just because there are so many eyes on the Oscars,” Schumer said. “I think it’s a great opportunity to at least comment on a couple of things. I have some jokes that kind of highlight the sort of current condition.” (Any Schumer isn't funny and neither is war)
source

And people wonder why the Academy Awards Show gets worse and ratings drop every year. An academy award show is no place for a foreign president to talk about the war, no matter how serious it may be. I'd bet anyone who watches the show and -if Zelenky does - hear him speak, already knows the tragedy that exists. Shouldn't they also have someone speak for the nearly half million people have died in the Yemeni Civil War, which has left over 300,000 people dead, or the Ethnic Violence in Sudan in which over 400,000 have died - or any of the other wars that don't seem to be affecting the price of our oil consumption?

It seems to me that Sean Penn and others would accomplish just as much by boycotting Sesame Street if Big Bird doesn't address the tragedy of war.

Enough already. Make a TV special about Ukraine or have a comedy show for Ukrainians. How about we give Sean Penn a rifle, helmet and trip to Ukraine to show how much Hollywood cares? That would work. Go Sean! Go Schumer! Go screw yourselves!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Sean Penn is Unbearable at Times....

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I agree with Joe.  His country's in the middle of a war for its own survival, but Zelenskyy* is supposed to take time off to stop and make a speech at some rah-rah rally for a bunch of overpaid egotists.  Yeah, that'll show ol' Vladimir and make him back down all right!!

A side message for Penn himself — your statuettes are only gold-plated bronze, not pure gold, and scrap bronze is worth about $2.75 per POUND right about now.  So if you want to melt them down (not smelt them; that's the process of extracting a metal from its ore, although in fairness to your ignorance it also involves heat), be my guest.  Personally, I'd recommend sending them to the Hydraulic Press Channel guy on YouTube and letting him have at 'em; at least you'll get some likes from HIS followers.

So the bottom line is I'll believe this when I see it.  This is nothing more than the same grade of balloon juice that was spouted by these same Hollywood types when they threatened to leave the country if Trump was elected in 2016.
————————
* — name spelled with two 'Y's, as this is how it appears on his own passport, based on the Ukrainian spelling Зеленський (note the two 'и's at the end)
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Is English his second (or even fifth) language? Trump could have used his help.
I myself, if it comes back to it, when I return, I will smelt mine in public
:barf
If it turns out to be what is happening, I would encourage everyone involved, though it may be their moment, and I understand that, to celebrate their films, it is so much more importantly their moment to shine, and to protest and to boycott that Academy Awards
:arg

Is there no end to this abuse?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

"" Shouldn't they also have someone speak for the nearly half million people have died in the Yemeni Civil War, which has left over 300,000 people dead, or the Ethnic Violence in Sudan in which over 400,000 have died - or any of the other wars that don't seem to be affecting the price of our oil consumption?"

Really Joe? You have not noticed the typical skin complexion of those countries listed above, and compared it to that of the brave people of Ukraine?

Have you noticed that Russia and Ukraine are the major sellers of Wheat on the world commodity market; that the people of Africa will be the first to starve because this military exercise by Putin has interrupted that commodity market?

snailgate.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Bwahahaha at y’all dissing on Sean Penn. He’s more talented than probably anyone who posts on this board and he’s also incredibly generous, giving not only of his financial resources but also creating CORE https://www.coreresponse.org/ to help people in crisis and actually putting his boots on the ground many times, including recently in Ukraine at risk to his personal safety, to tell the stories of people in crisis and to raise relief funds and awareness.

Sean Penn may be a little arrogant here and there but he’s also a very talented artist with a very good heart whose contributions to making this world a better place measure up to and exceed most folks’ efforts, if they’ve made any. Easy to criticize him I guess but just makes the critics look petty IMNSHO.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:56 pm
Bwahahaha at y’all dissing on Sean Penn. He’s more talented than probably anyone who posts on this board and he’s also incredibly generous, giving not only of his financial resources but also creating CORE https://www.coreresponse.org/ to help people in crisis and actually putting his boots on the ground many times, including recently in Ukraine at risk to his personal safety, to tell the stories of people in crisis and to raise relief funds and awareness.

Sean Penn may be a little arrogant here and there but he’s also a very talented artist with a very good heart whose contributions to making this world a better place measure up to and exceed most folks’ efforts, if they’ve made any. Easy to criticize him I guess but just makes the critics look petty IMNSHO.
My "dissing" of Sean Penn is for his demand that Zelenskyy speak at the Academy Awards and his ridiculous threat to "smelt" his Oscars publicly. Anything else he has done or any talent he has is irrelevant to my criticism. I'm not a fan of his so I don't know much about him. I seem to recall he had a relationship with Madonna and he punched a photographer at least once. Other than that, he might soon be an Oscar smelter. He may do great things but that doesn't mean he doesn't do stupid things too.

And of course his grammar is despicable.... :D

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

And it is to be noted that Joe chose the subject "Sean Penn is unbearable at times

Which means something much less than 'Sean Penn is unbearable' and is understood to mean that he is not unbearable for the majority of the time.

Indeed, it does not say he is unworthy at any time. But the grammar, that's probably permanent

'
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

Joe, be a gentleman, and offer her a ladder to help her down off her high horse. :-D
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Okay I’ll accept that Sean Penn’s butchery of grammar is unbearable much of the time. Luckily he’s scripted in the films.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »