Betcha can't unsee this

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
ex-khobar Andy

Betcha can't unsee this

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

In a Guardian piece about a judge's forthcoming ruling on whether Marjorie Taylor Green could be banned from Congress for supporting the Jan 6 insurrection. And, FWIW, I'm mostly against that ban - if the people of Georgia want her as their representative in Congress there should be little (except perhaps some sort of criminal conviction) standing in their way.

Big RR

Re: Betcha can't unsee this

Post by Big RR »

I tend to agree. I think that Congress could likely vote to unseat her, but that she would likely be reelected (or appointed, not sure how she would be replaced) and then have to be seated if she meant the Constitutional requirements (as sated by the USSC in the Adam Clayton Powell case). I can't stand her, but people should be entitled to vote for the representative of their choice.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Big RR wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:46 pm
I tend to agree. I think that Congress could likely vote to unseat her, but that she would likely be reelected (or appointed, not sure how she would be replaced) and then have to be seated if she meant the Constitutional requirements (as sated by the USSC in the Adam Clayton Powell case). I can't stand her, but people should be entitled to vote for the representative of their choice.
Says a lot about the electorate of GA-14, though. There are three other Republicans running in the primary next month, but Greene has a huge cash advantage and the others are just likely to split the Not-A-Clown vote and defeat each other. And frankly, it may be better for us sane people to have Greene remain in office, where she is ineffectual in literally everything except attention-seeking. Her most useful role is being a reasonably good fund-raiser for Democrats nationwide.
GAH!

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:11 pm
And frankly, it may be better for us sane people to have Greene remain in office, where she is ineffectual in literally everything except attention-seeking. Her most useful role is being a reasonably good fund-raiser for Democrats nationwide.
I won't deny that this silver lining was at least part of my motivation for saying let them elect her if that's what they want. But of course we all know she was right about the Jewish Space Lasers.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Shhhhhhh, Most people have forgotten about that and they're getting complacent, accelerating the timing for the master plan.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Yes, we all have to beware of the Kosher Nostra.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Of all the Jewish Space Laser merch, this one is my favorite, because the motto is the punchline from an old joke brilliantly repurposed:

"We'll just sit here in the dark."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Sue U on Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

:ok