SCOTUS to women: You have no rights to autonomy and security of your person

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
MajGenl.Meade

Re: SCOTUS to women: You have no rights to autonomy and security of your person

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

. . . and we just don't all bang on about it so unpleasantly
Last edited by MajGenl.Meade on Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Dresses like that have been in fashion every decade of my life, it’s a permaniche (I’m coining that word if it’s new) of American frontier little house on the prairie and yes religiously conservative attire.

My dying client loves to watch Waltons and Little House in the afternoons. The other day there was an episode of Little House I don’t recall from childhood, and I was struck by how very deeply religious it was. These shows air on networks that are very conservative family values heterosexually focused romance etc. like Hallmark, INSP et al. Many of the shows are ones I grew up watching it’s interesting to see them from a different perspective. Magnum PI was a favorite but man is that show CHEESY!

There are many new shows first run that embrace the same niche, the college admissions scandal woman stars in one of them they are all heartland frontier USA or Canada based family values 100% HETERO and largely chaste fare.

The fan base for those dresses will always be with us. We have to fight back against them ruling us.

PS yes I know it’s a joke.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Silly me; I thought they were maternity dresses.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

This NYT opinion piece is very compelling. In another thread I posted about the tens of thousands of women who come close to death and/or are disabled by childbirth every year in USA. To think that women will be forced to assume that risk when their fetus has anomalies not compatible with life outside the womb is BARBARIC.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/05/opin ... -ios-share
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Here are a couple from the Target website just now:
D01A68CF-533A-44EE-BD3D-302E2F1F29B5.jpeg
5FD9D6D1-50CF-4187-B4D4-30185EBC5FA5.jpeg
These fashions might go over bigger in some of the places I’ve lived like Montana, Maine etc. most of flyover rural America.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:12 pm
This NYT opinion piece is very compelling. In another thread I posted about the tens of thousands of women who come close to death and/or are disabled by childbirth every year in USA. To think that women will be forced to assume that risk when their fetus has anomalies not compatible with life outside the womb is BARBARIC.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/05/opin ... -ios-share
I came here to post that same link. The author is a high risk obstetrician so he routinely sees patients whose pregnancies are abnormal in some way and carry extra risk to the mother and/or the child. If anyone wants to read it but is paywalled, let me know and I will copy and paste the piece.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Carpool lane loophole.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God