Lindell Needs to Take a Nap on HisPillow....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Lindell Needs to Take a Nap on HisPillow....

Post by Joe Guy »

Judge sanctions MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell for ‘frivolous’ election lawsuit

A U.S. district judge ordered MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell to pay some of voting machine company Smartmatic’s court costs and fees, saying in a ruling on Thursday that some of Lindell’s claims against Smartmatic fall “on the frivolous side of the line.”

“The Court agrees with Smartmatic that Lindell has asserted at least some groundless claims,” U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols wrote in his ruling.

“In particular, the Court concludes that at the very least Lindell’s claim against Smartmatic under the Support or Advocacy Clause falls on the frivolous side of the line (other claims do too). As a result, the Court orders Lindell and his previous counsel to pay some of the fees and costs Smartmatic has incurred defending itself and moving for sanctions,” he added.

Nichols also granted motions from Smartmatic, Dominion Voting Systems and Hamilton Place to dismiss the lawsuits against them.

“Whatever the judge thinks, that’s his opinion,” Lindell told Bloomberg Law in a phone call. “I’ve got lawyers doing more important things like removing these machines from every state.”

He told the news outlet he would make a decision over whether he would appeal the ruling later.

The Hill has reached out to an attorney for Lindell for comment.

The development comes as Smartmatic sued Lindell, an ally of former President Trump, earlier this year, alleging that the MyPillow executive lied about the voting machine company regarding the 2020 election.

“Mr. Lindell’s message was as dangerous as it was factually inaccurate. Mr. Lindell told people that Smartmatic stole the 2020 U.S. election. He told people that Smartmatic’s election technology, hardware, and software were hacked by China and other foreign countries,” according to Smartmatic’s lawsuit.

“He told people that Smartmatic election technology, hardware, and software were developed for the sole purpose of stealing foreign elections by switching votes. And he told people that Smartmatic deployed its election technology, hardware, and software to do just that in the 2020 U.S. election. All lies.”

Lindell, who also faces a lawsuit from Dominion, sued both companies for defamation. Those cases have both been dismissed.
source

FWIW - Judge Nichols was appointed by Trump.

ex-khobar Andy

Re: Lindell Needs to Take a Nap on HisPillow....

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I really hope that Dominion et al are successful in their lawsuits and Lindell is forced into personal bankruptcy. It's less than he deserves.

Having said that, I really am against voting 'machines.' The UK general election vote is hand counted and hand checked. Now there are problems with the UK democratic system (not least that a minority of voters marked their ballots for BloJo's party and he ended up with an unassailable majority in the House of Commons for five years and we will probably rinse and repeat in 2024 or whenever) but I am not aware of any vote tabulation kind of error. And when I have made this sort of comment before people have pointed out that the US has five times Britain's population. Well yes: so you have five times more people who can count (actually I'm not sure about that) and who can inspect and tally the votes.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Lindell Needs to Take a Nap on HisPillow....

Post by Bicycle Bill »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 3:26 pm
I really hope that Dominion et al are successful in their lawsuits and Lindell is forced into personal bankruptcy. It's less than he deserves.

Having said that, I really am against voting 'machines.' The UK general election vote is hand counted and hand checked. Now there are problems with the UK democratic system (not least that a minority of voters marked their ballots for BloJo's party and he ended up with an unassailable majority in the House of Commons for five years and we will probably rinse and repeat in 2024 or whenever) but I am not aware of any vote tabulation kind of error. And when I have made this sort of comment before people have pointed out that the US has five times Britain's population. Well yes: so you have five times more people who can count (actually I'm not sure about that) and who can inspect and tally the votes.
That may be, Andy, but when some of the people who want to count the votes are like the Republican nominee for governor of Pennsylvania, who is a staunch supporter of Trump's "Big Lie" and was (and still is) willing to overturn ANY count if it didn't go the way his overlords wanted it to go, I'd just as soon trust the machines.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?