Did I miss a weather bulletin from Hell?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Sue U

Re: Did I miss a weather bulletin from Hell?

Post by Sue U »

Gob wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:02 am
I don't deny that. The point still stands though.
Yes, but it's a stupid point.
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 6:06 am
My point still stands, no one executed for murder ever commits another.
True but that is as useful and relevant as writing: "No one who has not committed a murder can commit another one". True but void of any valuable content.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

I disagree with you both. Simplistic it may be, but not stupid.
Over 30 killers killed again after being freed from prison between 2000/1 and 2010/11, statistics show.

Figures released by the Home Office show 29 people with homicide convictions went on to commit murder and six went on to commit manslaughter.

Of those 29 murderers, 13 previously committed murder and 16 manslaughter.

The government says it does all it can to protect the public from offenders "but sadly risk can never be eliminated entirely".
I think the risk can be eliminated entirely.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Why don’t you volunteer for the next wrongful execution, then?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

We can achieve an absolute end to all murders if we euthanize the entire population.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Gob wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 12:38 pm
I think the risk can be eliminated entirely.
Ah now you're being specious. The discussion (and indeed the issue itself) was (and still is) nothing whatever to do with whether or not previously jailed killers released from prison could be stopped from killing again.

It is unhelpful to the debate about how to stop people killing for the FIRST time (or make it less possible) to suggest executing someone who has already killed. Utterly useless and irrelevant comment to make, other than trolling for a capital punishment discussion, which is another issue entirely
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Gob wrote:
How many innocent people are you willing to kill to sate your bloodlust?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:13 pm
Gob wrote:
You asked that two days ago and I answered you by asking another question ... which you pointedly ignored.  So I'll answer it this way ...

Probably the same number of people we are willing to kill — or more correctly, allow to die — because a certain group of legislators have sold their integrity to those whose intentions are that any common-sense efforts to curtail some 'Rambo' wanna-bes from having unlimited and unrestricted access to t⃥h⃥e⃥i⃥r⃥ ⃥a⃥r⃥t⃥i⃥f⃥i⃥c⃥i⃥a⃥l⃥ ⃥m⃥a⃥n⃥h⃥o⃥o⃥d⃥s their guns never succeeds.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 3:39 am
Jarlaxle wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:13 pm
Gob wrote:
You asked that two days ago and I answered you by asking another question ... which you pointedly ignored.  So I'll answer it this way ...

Probably the same number of people we are willing to kill — or more correctly, allow to die — because a certain group of legislators have sold their integrity to those whose intentions are that any common-sense efforts to curtail some 'Rambo' wanna-bes from having unlimited and unrestricted access to t⃥h⃥e⃥i⃥r⃥ ⃥a⃥r⃥t⃥i⃥f⃥i⃥c⃥i⃥a⃥l⃥ ⃥m⃥a⃥n⃥h⃥o⃥o⃥d⃥s their guns never succeeds.
-"BB"-
I wasn't asking you; I know you'll never actually answer the question and I have no interest in watching you tap-dance.