90 bullets, really?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

90 bullets, really?

Post by Scooter »

Did they mistake it for target practice, or what?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Re: 90 bullets, really?

Post by Scooter »

Every. Fucking. Time.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I don’t have any more words I am just at a loss. Thank you for the thread.

I had zero pride on July 4th this year. Is this how the older thans felt about the country during Vietnam? I’m outraged and heavy hearted.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I posted this in another thread...
Econoline wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:21 am
Betty white.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Assuming you refer to Jayland Walker, I've seen several suggestions it was suicide by cop.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:03 am
Assuming you refer to Jayland Walker, I've seen several suggestions it was suicide by cop.
The state of mind of the young man doesn’t matter. He was RUNNING AWAY, UNARMED, POSING NO THREAT. By law the officers have to account for EVERY bullet. NINETY SHOTS?! There is NO justification!

Five of the officers on scene never discharged their weapons. The eight who did were all rookies with fewer than four years on the job. We don’t need adrenaline junkies just itching to murder someone (kind of like the wishful killing comments you’re always making here on this board) serving on our police forces. These people are disgusting and so is anybody who makes any attempt to defend them.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

By the way, after shooting him SIXTY TIMES those garbage excuses for human beings HANDCUFFED him! His body arrived handcuffed to the coroner’s office.

We need a massive purge of all the white supremacists and murderous bullies on our police forces. I suspect we’ll lose at least half the corps.

Until that happens we will just keep seeing this kind of abomination and people need to wake up and realize that when cops are allowed to gun down unarmed citizens with impunity the disturbed young white men who glorify mass killing will keep killing too. They are sides of the same coin.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

There are no good cops.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:18 am
We need a massive purge of all the white supremacists and murderous bullies on our police forces. I suspect we’ll lose at least half the corps.
I suspect we'd lose a lot more than half.

Question #1 on the application to be a cop: Are you an asshole?
Question #2 if #1 is answered NO: Can you learn?

Edited to add: Wichita had a swatting incident in 2017 that involved a serial hoaxer calling the Wichita police department to say that he had shot his father, and was holding other hostages in his home. He gave the cops an address that he THOUGHT belonged to an online player that another player had a beef with. When the cops arrived at the house, one trigger happy SOB shot a resident 10 seconds after he stepped onto porch. He executed him from across the street, in the dark. There was no way he could have known what was going on. BANG he's dead. No charges were filed.

Here's one of the local paper's stories about it, and the NETFLIX series: https://www.kansas.com/entertainment/tv ... 55217.html

Last month that cop was promoted to defective, I mean detective. An op-ed in today's paper took the city to task for it.

The family was given the go ahead to proceed with a civil lawsuit against the cop last Monday. The city, which will foot the bill, sure wouldn't want me on that jury. https://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime ... 86708.html
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.