Matt Gaetz Needs to Grow Up....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Matt Gaetz Needs to Grow Up....

Post by Joe Guy »

Matt the pedophile Gaetz seems to be challenging MT Greene, DJ Trump and other politicians to see who can make the most stupid and immature statements and remain in office. I think ole Matt made big strides in the contest with his latest spew of mental vomit...

Matt Gaetz Tried to Body-Shame a 19-Year-Old Abortion Rights Activist—It Did Not Go Well for Him

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Perhaps no one is more familiar with the concept right now than Florida Republican Matt Gaetz.

You see, the U.S. representative for Florida's First Congressional District spent the better part of the weekend at the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit in Tampa, peddling the incredibly nuanced and levelheaded take that abortion rights activists are too fat and ugly to have sex or need access to reproductive health care.

“Why is it that the women with the least likelihood of getting pregnant are the ones most worried about having abortions? Nobody wants to impregnate you if you look like a thumb,” he told the crowd of young conservatives, without even a touch of self-awareness. “I’m thinking, March? You look like you’ve got ankles weaker than the legal reasoning behind Roe v. Wade.” I wonder how long it took him to come up with that one.

In the spirit of addressing the next generation—which, considering the 40-year-old is under investigation over alleged sexual encounters with a 17-year-old and violating federal sex-trafficking laws, is unwise at best—Gaetz then decided to use his Twitter account and 1.4 million followers to target a 19-year-old abortion rights activist who slammed his Turning Point speech.

“Its come to my attention that Matt Gaetz—alleged pedophile—has said that it’s always the ‘odious.. 5’2 350 pound’ women that ‘nobody wants to impregnate’ who rally for abortion,” Texas activist Olivia Julianna tweeted. “I’m actually 5’11. 6’4 in heels. I wear them so the small men like you are reminded of your place.”

Of course, this prompted a mature and measured response from Gaetz. Just kidding. “Dander raised,” he tweeted alongside an image of Julianna, without referencing her tweet. Someone should probably tell him it's not 1937 and it's never a smart move to go after a member of Gen Z on social media.

“Am I not a little too old for you Matt?” Julianna asked in her reply. “I know you have a thing for targeting teenagers but 19 is on the cusp don't you think?” Despite Gaetz’s having 11 times the number of followers as Julianna, her post received more than 2,800 retweets and 32,000 likes.

She also called the politician out in a TikTok video, which has since gone viral and has been viewed more than 1 million times.

The rest of the internet's response to Gaetz's remarks has been swift and devastating:

Since posting her rebuttal, Julianna says she's gained 20,000 followers across platforms.

“Let this serve as a lesson to all the Republican politicians out there—if it's a battle of wit against me, you're going to lose.” Matt Gaetz has not addressed Olivia Julianna directly since his initial tweet. That's probably a good call.
source

Sue U

Re: Matt Gaetz Needs to Grow Up....

Post by Sue U »

the U.S. representative for Florida's First Congressional District spent the better part of the weekend at the Turning Point USA Student Action Summit
Still trying to pick up teenagers, Matt?

ETA:

Let's face it, Florida has a lot to be embarrassed about, but Matt Gaetz has got to be in the top five, easily.
GAH!