Trump-a-Lago Raided?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Trump-a-Lago Raided?

Post by Joe Guy »

I think Trump should be hung in a public setting. I bet he'd get the biggest audience ever in the history of audiences.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Trump-a-Lago Raided?

Post by Bicycle Bill »

a cartoon from almost fifty years ago, and it could have been drawn from today's headlines ....
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

Is this going to be another "the walls are closing in", or will there be some beef?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

"O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Yah, I think there's a lot less here than meets the eye. The search warrant appears to be solely for additional documents subject to the Presidential Records Preservation Act not previously turned over to the the National Archives. Evidently Trump's lawyers met with FBI agents earlier this summer and showed them documents that Trump had still retained and where they were kept. At least some had been marked as being some level of secret sufficient to conclude that they had been improperly retained -- and therefore justifying a search warrant to retrieve them (presumably because Trump would not return them voluntarily). And because there is a policy at DOJ/FBI that politically sensitive actions are not to be undertaken within 90 days of an election, yesterday marked 92 days before the Nov. 8 general election, so time to act was running out.

Although technically "unannounced" (except that FBI actually told the Secret Service detail at Mar-A-Lago beforehand), this was hardly a "raid." Nobody busted down any doors in the middle of the night, no one was rousted from bed and frog-marched to a paddy-wagon in underwear and handcuffs, no one trashed the premises, no one was held at gunpoint (let alone shot to death), and no one is being held in jail pending arraignment on any charge. The hype around the event is all just Trump drama that provides a brief frisson for the libs and a casus belli for the MAGAs.
GAH!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

But Trump says he was "...under siege", and that they "...even broke into my safe!" (maybe that where he keeps his hairpieces?) — and course you know he wouldn't lie; he's always about telling the truth.   In fact, when he got kicked off those lie-filled social media platforms called Twitter and Facebook he started his own and named it 'TRUTH'.   So if he says something, it must be so.    </sarcasm>

And just in case you needed to be reminded, there's another international media source beside Trump's named "TRUTH" ... we here in America know it better under the name of "Правда" ("Pravda").
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Sue U wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:20 pm
Nobody busted down any doors in the middle of the night, no one was rousted from bed and frog-marched to a paddy-wagon in underwear and handcuffs, no one trashed the premises, no one was held at gunpoint (let alone shot to death), and no one is being held in jail pending arraignment on any charge.
:cry: :evil:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

This 'Raid" reminds me of the time Clarence Thomas announced the Senate Hearing was a 'lynching' then went home to a quiet dinner with his wife.

snailgate

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

liberty

Post by liberty »

You know, the election could have been stolen. The Democrats would do anything, and I meam anything to prevent Trump from being reelected. So why would they not cheat? The Democrats beat Trump with paper ballots, mail-in ballots, that is. Democrats mailed them out, and Democrats counted them. There was no unbiased or Republican verification of the count so the election could have been stolen.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:39 am
You know, the election could have been stolen. The Democrats would do anything, and I meam anything to prevent Trump from being reelected. So why would they not cheat? The Democrats beat Trump with paper ballots, mail-in ballots, that is. Democrats mailed them out, and Democrats counted them. There was no unbiased or Republican verification of the count so the election could have been stolen.
F***ing idiot
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Nuclear documents in Trump’s safe at Mar a Lago?

What say you to that, liberty?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Wanna make bets on who the Mar a Lago rat is?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
liberty, you're (metaphorically) sucking on Trump's dick so hard that the only viewpoint you've got is his pubic hair.
-"BB"-

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I think a subpoena should be issued for Trump's hair. Of course, it should also be debugged and checked for foreign influence in its design. I suspect the wig is being directly influenced by a Russian satellite and quite possibly by a smart meter on the grounds of Maralago.

In this photo on this day it's quite obvious that Trump was directly connected to a Russian satellite:

trumpshair.jpg
trumpshair.jpg (11.25 KiB) Viewed 789 times

And in the following photo he obviously had multiple channels open:

Trumpo.jpg

liberty

Post by liberty »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:28 am
liberty wrote:
F***ing idiot
Watch it, you old fart; if you give yourself a stroke, it's no one's fault but yours.

So you're saying there is no way that election official could have stolen the election? Any reasonably intelligent person can see how one could do it. So If you are saying it could not be stolen, that makes you a liar.

We could engineer an election system that would be virtually impossible to cheat, but it appears that liberals and Democrats, in general, are not interested in doing that.
Last edited by liberty on Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

liberty

Post by liberty »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:37 am
Wanna make bets on who the Mar a Lago rat is?

My best guess would be trump; it's the kind of stuff he likes to do, and he's pretty good at it. But it could backfire on him if the Democrats plant evidence. It could cost him his life, ending it for us; the country would be finished. When the federal government starts murdering political opponents, democracy is dead.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:33 pm
My best guess would be trump; it's the kind of stuff he likes to do, and he's pretty good at it. But it could backfire on him if the Democrats plant evidence. It could cost him his life, ending it for us; the country would be finished. When the federal government starts murdering political opponents, democracy is dead.
F***ing lunatic
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts