Trump-a-Lago Raided?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Re: Trump-a-Lago Raided?

Post by BoSoxGal »

liberty wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:21 pm
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:28 am
liberty wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:39 am
You know, the election could have been stolen. The Democrats would do anything, and I meam anything to prevent Trump from being reelected. So why would they not cheat? The Democrats beat Trump with paper ballots, mail-in ballots, that is. Democrats mailed them out, and Democrats counted them. There was no unbiased or Republican verification of the count so the election could have been stolen.
F***ing idiot
Watch it, you old fart; if you give yourself a stroke, it's no one's fault but yours.

So you're saying there is no way that election official could have stolen the election? Any reasonably intelligent person can see how one could do it. So If you are saying it could not be stolen, that makes you a liar.

We could engineer an election system that would be virtually impossible to cheat, but it appears that liberals and Democrats in general or not interested in doing that.
Please detail for us how this would take place. I’m a person who has actually worked the polls on more than one occasion and provided legal advice and guidance to a county clerk responsible for administration of elections. I’m interested in hearing how you think an election could be easily stolen.

I would also like you to DETAIL how the many audits of the 2020 election, some done by Trump loyalists like Cyber Ninjas, found no fraud sufficient to alter the outcome of the election. Please detail how Trump’s own Homeland Security chief was wrong in determining the 2020 election was the most secure in our nation's history.

Please explain why, if Trump’s ‘win’ was stolen from him, so many other Republicans in the states he claims were stolen won their elections? How is it that tens of thousands of Georgia voters voted GOP down the ballot but skipped filling in the presidential category? Please explain how hundreds of Republican election officials across the country are in the can for the Democrats on this issue?

Any person of reasonable mind can see that you MAGAts are fully invested cult members and cannot see facts, reason, or the logical inconsistencies in your arguments.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

The mysterious case of Rosemarie Hartle’s vote in the last presidential election, three years after her death, was trumpeted in November 2020 by the Nevada Republican Party and various prominent conservatives. From then-President Donald Trump on down, Republicans used stories about phony votes cast under the names of dead people as key evidence for their claim that Joe Biden’s victory was marred by major fraud.

The Hartle mystery is now solved. And it turns out that the fraud was committed by a Republican.

Hartle was married to Las Vegas businessman Donald Kirk Hartle, a registered Republican. In November 2020, Hartle told Las Vegas television station 8 News Now (KLAS-TV) that he felt “disbelief” when he found out that a mail-in ballot was submitted in his late wife’s name. It was “pretty sickening,” he said at the time, adding that he didn’t know how it could’ve happened.

But Hartle had actually cast the phony ballot himself.

On Tuesday, Hartle pleaded guilty to the crime of voting more than once in the same election. The judge, 8 News Now reported, said Hartle had pulled what seemed like a “cheap political stunt that kind of backfired and shows that our voting system actually works because you were ultimately caught.”

Indeed. And it isn’t the first time something like this has happened.

In November 2020, the Trump campaign highlighted a case in which a ballot was cast in the name of a long-dead Pennsylvania woman. Her son later pleaded guilty to casting that ballot for Trump, saying, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer, he had “listened to too much propaganda and made a stupid mistake.”
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

It's people like you, liberty, that makes me wonder why they don't require proof of a certain level of mental acuity and stability before permitting someone to vote.
liberty wrote:
So you're saying there is no way that election official could have stolen the election?  Any reasonably intelligent person can see how one could do it.  So If you are saying it could not be stolen, that makes you a liar.
Let's just say, for sake of discussion, that perhaps there is.  But Trump and his minions tried it a couple of different ways (the "Just find me 11 thousand votes!" phone call to the GA Sec'y of State, a reduction in the number of polling places, and all those cockamamie, last-minute restrictions on early voting, absentee ballots, and how or whether those absentee ballots that were allowed would be accepted), and maybe they would have gotten away with it a hundred and fifty years ago, but nowadays there are so many people watching the results as they come in, in real time, that no one person could affect a nationwide election.  It would require a cover-up so massive that some of those other whacked-out theories, like the one about how America never landed on the moon and the whole thing was a huge coverup involving NASA, Hollywood special-effects people, and the TV networks (and of course the scary Big Government boogieman in the closet) — never considering that with that many people supposedly involved it is inconceivable that EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM kept this secret and never breathed a word of it — become logical and plausible by comparison.
We could engineer an election system that would be virtually impossible to cheat, but it appears that liberals and Democrats, in general, are not interested in doing that.
There's an old saying .... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I took a chance and wasn’t disappointed. Even a broken Image is right twice a day.

:ok
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

F381F166-94EF-47BB-BCDC-4CF719CCF271.jpeg
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And after the highly sensitive nature of some of the retrieved material has been revealed, Trump's reaction was, predictably,

"It's Obama's fault!"
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

liberty

Post by liberty »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:14 pm
liberty wrote:
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:28 am

F***ing idiot
Watch it, you old fart; if you give yourself a stroke, it's no one's fault but yours.

So you're saying there is no way that election official could have stolen the election? Any reasonably intelligent person can see how one could do it. So If you are saying it could not be stolen, that makes you a liar.

We could engineer an election system that would be virtually impossible to cheat, but it appears that liberals and Democrats in general or not interested in doing that.
Please detail for us how this would take place. I’m a person who has actually worked the polls on more than one occasion and provided legal advice and guidance to a county clerk responsible for administration of elections. I’m interested in hearing how you think an election could be easily stolen.

I would also like you to DETAIL how the many audits of the 2020 election, some done by Trump loyalists like Cyber Ninjas, found no fraud sufficient to alter the outcome of the election. Please detail how Trump’s own Homeland Security chief was wrong in determining the 2020 election was the most secure in our nation's history.

Please explain why, if Trump’s ‘win’ was stolen from him, so many other Republicans in the states he claims were stolen won their elections? How is it that tens of thousands of Georgia voters voted GOP down the ballot but skipped filling in the presidential category? Please explain how hundreds of Republican election officials across the country are in the can for the Democrats on this issue?

Any person of reasonable mind can see that you MAGAts are fully invested cult members and cannot see facts, reason, or the logical inconsistencies in your arguments.
I didn't say the election was stolen; I said it could have been stolen; there is a difference. Voting involving paper ballots will always have a stuffing the ballot box risk.

I can't make any promises; my situation has changed my wife cannot do anything now. So I have to do it all; I no longer have much spare time. The little free time I have left is precious, but I'll try to get back to this.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

liberty wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:10 am
I can't make any promises; my situation has changed my wife cannot do anything now. So I have to do it all; I no longer have much spare time. The little free time I have left is precious, but I'll try to get back to this.
You have my sympathy as I know what hard work caregiving is and the toll it takes on a body.

Stop in anytime but feel no rush of obligation. We will always be talking past each other so your limited leisure time is probably best spent getting some sunshine.
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The Village Idiot wrote:
Voting involving paper ballots will always have a stuffing the ballot box risk.
More idiocy from our resident moron. There is nothing more secure than a paper ballot. Ballot box stuffing would be impossible without collusion along the entire chain of custody from manufacture to count.

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

From today's NYT:
Trump Lawyer Told Justice Dept. That Classified Material Had Been Returned
The lawyer signed a statement in June that all documents marked as classified and held in boxes in storage at Mar-a-Lago had been given back. The search at the former president’s home on Monday turned up more.
Assuming that this is true and is proven to be so, is the lawyer in trouble? Is it sufficient justification to say - well, my client told me that he had returned all this stuff and I believed him'? I know lawyers cannot lie for their clients, but if they really believe it to be true and they took some steps (but clearly too few) to verify the statement, can they be prosecuted?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Lawyers are subject to prosecution the same as any other citizen so long as the behavior the government alleges and believes it can prove meets the statute under which they are prosecuting. Mens rea proof is required for most criminal prosecutions. It is entirely dependent on what evidence the government can marshall whether they prove mens rea existed re: Trump’s lawyers. ‘I believed my client’ is not a free pass.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

‘I believed my client’ is not a free pass.
Thanks - that's what I wanted to know. I know, for example, that NYS suspended Giuiliani 'temporarily' in June last year pending some sort of final decision but I don't think I have seen any more on the matter. Maybe it depends on Giuliani appealing the decision and if he chooses not to, it stays as a temporary ruling until further notice.

I know that in June this year a Texas judge said that the state's Commission for Lawyer Discipline could go ahead with its action to determine whether Sidney Powell could be disbarred or disciplined or whatever for her role in the frivolous 'it's all a deep state plot!' conspiracy (I'd never noticed before that the word 'piracy' is right in there) with Gangmeister Trump. Again I have heard no more (or I cannot find it) so I am assuming that the wheels of justice are grinding slowly (I wish they would hurry up) but exceeding small (the smaller the better).

The more of his henchmen (henchpersons?) who can be told 'you just can't fucking do that!' and have their livelihoods taken away the better. Then maybe they will learn. I don't want a dangerous idiot like Powell or Giuiliani necessarily jailed: but I want them, like say Lance Armstrong and for the same reasons, to be told - find another trade. MacDonald's is hiring.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Latest twist: Trump is demanding the FBI return his documents, which he alleges are subject to executive privilege AND attorney-client privilege.

Ginning up his small dollar donors AND his stochastic terrorists.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
If you posted that looking for sympathy, as far as I'm concerned you'll find it in the dictionary, between 'shit' and 'syphilis'.
But my condolences and best wishes to your wife.  I'm sure she must be a real saint, inasmuch as she has had to put up with you.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

So, Trump-a-Liego then?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

04814D56-C550-4C49-9C00-F082A551FC78.jpeg
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:54 am
What's the old saying – "Cut the head off the snake, and the body dies"?
We can only hope.
-"BB"-

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Scooter, if it were within my power, I would make you an honorary American citizen. But I somehow believe you would consider that less than an honor, and besides in Canada you are already an American citizen.

Your posts here demonstrate a pattern of opinion which shows respect for the principles of the US Constitution exceeding that of many who are regarded within the USofA as patriots.

snailgate