Trump-a-Lago Raided?

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
liberty

Re: Trump-a-Lago Raided?

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:18 pm
liberty wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:10 am
I can't make any promises; my situation has changed my wife cannot do anything now. So I have to do it all; I no longer have much spare time. The little free time I have left is precious, but I'll try to get back to this.
If you posted that looking for sympathy, as far as I'm concerned you'll find it in the dictionary, between 'shit' and 'syphilis'.
But my condolences and best wishes to your wife.  I'm sure she must be a real saint, inasmuch as she has had to put up with you.
-"BB"-
No, not looking for sympathy; I know better than that; it’s just my compulsion to share. I’m a friendly, talkative person, and that’d be OK in a perfect world. But in a world of enemies, one must be careful what one shares. So, I’ll try to watch it and be more cautious in the future. However, I will say this about my wife. She’s no saint, but she is a sweet person; she could be a Liberal if not for her stand on abortion. She tends to be emotional about news stories and tends to judge just on what she hears rather than being logical and analyzing the situation.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Lib - you and I will never agree on very much, and I am sometimes at odds with BSG. But I am entirely in agreement with her post of a week or so ago - I know more about caregiving than I ever wanted to know and she is right. I wish you and your wife well.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:23 pm

We could engineer an election system that would be virtually impossible to cheat, but it appears that liberals and Democrats, in general, are not interested in doing that.
There's an old saying .... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
-"BB"-
You’re mistaken. The system is broken. It is a broken election system that leaves doubts about the winner. The integrity of the system should be so great that no one could argue with the outcome.

It doesn’t matter what a system looks like on paper; it’s how it works in the real world that matters. The problem with paper ballots is that once they’ve separated from their privacy envelope, every vote looks like every other ballot. If you can substitute ballots and you are careful not to exceed the total number of registered voters, cheating is possible. Anytime the voting box is left unguarded by all invested parties, its validity is in doubt. Doctor xxxxxx said and I paraphrased if you don’t remember anything else about politics; remember this, people lie, cheat and steal; you can trust no one. If you want a friend get yourself a dog.
Last edited by liberty on Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I don’t think you understand how elections are run. Voting boxes aren’t left unattended. Voting boxes are secured by locks and there are multiple levels of security to verify ballots mailed in or dropped off absentee.

Just so you understand as you craft your response - I was the attorney guiding the County Clerk who ran elections in the reddest of red Montana counties. One of my closest college friends was the Secretary of State of Maine and served on Trump’s election review panel following 2016 wherein ZERO credible evidence of any kind of voting fraud on anything but the smallest percent of a percent of votes cast could be found.

I think you have no idea how elections actually work today and the implausibility of any claim of widespread cheating or fraud which is exactly why Trump’s own DHS guy called 2020 the most secure election in the history of the USA.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Yer a loony lib
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

liberty wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:04 am
You’re mistaken. The system is broken. It is a broken election system that leaves doubts about the winner. The integrity of the system should be so great that no one could argue with the outcome.
The election system is not broken and leaves no legitimate doubts about the winner. The loser of the last election and his lackeys literally just made shit up about supposed fraud, filed five dozen phony and baseless lawsuits (which got a number of his lawyers severely sanctioned, suspended from practice and facing further discipline, and drew defamation suits from a voting machine company that may well cripple Fox News and kill OAN), tried to pressure state officials to overturn the actual results, sent a mob to interrupt certification and continues to push the Big Lie in an effort to convince idiots like you that the electoral system is unreliable -- which is exactly what Trump and his merry band of literal fascists need people to believe in order to seize power. But even the pro-Trump "audits" of election results couldn't find the fraud that might have had any effect at all on election results.
liberty wrote:
if you don’t remember anything else about politics; remember this, people lie, cheat and steal;
Actually, for the most part, they don't -- which is precisely why Trump couldn't lie, cheat and steal his way to a second term in the face of verified election results. But some do, so you should try looking at the people who actually are doing the lying, cheating and stealing.
GAH!

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:
You’re mistaken. The system is broken. It is a broken election system that leaves doubts about the winner. The integrity of the system should be so great that no one could argue with the outcome.........
With the exception of the allowance of partisan gerrymandering, the voting system in NOT broken. What is broken is the trust in election results by too many people because of Donald Trump's appeal to the stupid and the gullible (not to mention racist groups and gun queers). Trump did the worst possible thing a losing president could ever do. He planted doubt in our election system in his supporters and has pushed the idea that the DOJ IRS and FBI are corrupt and attacking him politically. He even convinced Marjorie Taylor Greene that the "Gezpacho Police" are spying on the Trumplicans.

I wish Trump would die (it doesn't have to be painful) even though I believe that would cause some serious immediate problems because of all the idiots he has convinced that he's god and would need to be avenged. We need to hear from more patriotic conservative republicans like Liz Cheney and vote out the politicians who are obviously 'pro-Trump' for one reason only - and that is they're too wimpy to stand up for the USA and are more interested in appealing to the Trump political voting base in order to increase the odds they'll get elected or re-elected.

I want to see two strong political parties that oppose each other based on their ideals and I want a president who can improve the USA and quit the "They're idiots because they're cheating" way of thinking.

Unfortunately, I don't have much hope at the moment.

The only possible democratic party candidate that might end up running in the next presidential election and might have a slight chance to win is Gavin Newsom (I don't know if he will run) - although I don't like him and prefer to dream that someone smart and politically savvy will magically appear soon and have some shot at winning.

I would rather vote for someone similar to Cheney or a younger Biden who can be more mature and would accept defeat when it happened. I wouldn't even mind a republican winning the presidency as long as he or she isn't a name-calling, hateful, lying former game show host if that candidate is able to stop the blind adherence, acceptance and support of Trump's declaration of hatred toward people who oppose him on anything.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Charlie Baker is the only Republican I would support for President- but he’s a Massachusetts Republican so it will never happen.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Sue :ok :ok Stolen.

Tragically, it's working for him isn't it?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I don't know who @TreyCallaway or @Champnella are, since I don't do Twitter or Facebook, but these are almost as good as some of Randy Rainbow's stuff.  And since Randy usually only works with show tunes, he probably wouldn't have done anything with these tunes anyway.

I do wish they had done more than one verse of the "Hotel California" one, though.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Sue--while I agree there is no doubt about the winner of the presidential election this time (I'm not as sure of the W v Gore election), I do have serious concerns about the way our president is elected, both due to the recent incidences where the winner in the electoral votes had less popular vote than the loser. Add to that the fact that elections are getting very close in some states (as I recall Georgia's 16 electoral votes were awarded to Biden based on a margin or a little more than 11,000 votes out of something like 14 million). This is pure idiocy IMHO. There will never be a Constitutional amendment to abolish the electoral college (the smaller states would never give up the voting power far greater than their puny populations), but maybe the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact might still be adopted by states with sufficient electoral votes to effectively abolish the arcane system. When a handful of voters can have that much of an influence, I am not surprised people lack confidence in the system.
Last edited by Big RR on Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Yes. The electoral system is broken. Sue is right of course that - with the possible exception of 2000 - there is no doubt about who won based on the rules which are in place. But those rules need fixing. Ds have won the nationwide popular vote 7 of the last 8 times yet we have a referee (aka SCOTUS) decidedly R in viewpoint and voting.

The FFs made it nearly impossible to change the national electoral system in any meaningful way. Last time I saw numbers (and I cannot find 2020 or 2024 counts) 13 states had fewer EC votes per head of population than the national average: these were the obvious big states such as CA NY NJ MI FL AZ PA etc. And we need 3/4 of the states - 37 of them - to ratify an amendment. So we need 37 - 13 = 24 of the smaller states currently with more influence than they should have on the presidential vote, to ratify an amendment giving themselves less influence. Good luck with that one, chaps.

I will leave the gerrymandering discussion to another time. And in case you think that I think that the US is alone in this negation of democracy, take a look at the current situation in the UK in which 150,000 people - out of a population around 70 million - get to decide who the next Prime Minister will be.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

29E37CF4-A4D4-4831-9792-C8F976A40B4D.jpeg
~ Carl Sagan

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

My next post is a 'dick-pic' of TFG. You have been warned. Do not open it unless you have the stomach for it. Just pass by on the other side and no harm will have been done.

You have been warned. My attorneys say that this is enough and that you cannot sue me. That's fine by me and BTW, unlike some, I pay my attorneys.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Posted to Instagram by TFG's son. How weird is that? (Hint: very fucking weird.)

Do not say you were not warned.

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Since Donny's little boy is rightly concerned about how much was redacted from the copy of the affidavit released by the government, the Trump gang has agreed to release and reveal what was on their copies of the search warrant and other paperwork furnished to them when the raid went down.

Right after they release the Donald''s tax returns.
-"BB"-

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown