A quick $4.5 million . . .

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
ex-khobar Andy

A quick $4.5 million . . .

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

On Wednesday TFG told us, on his 'Truth' Twitter-lite social media platform, to expect a 'major announcement' later in the week. And, like most of us I guess, I assumed that it would be some detail of his expected 2024 run for office.

No; the next day he announced that he was issuing 45,000 NFTs (non fungible tokens) of baseball card like images of himself as superhero - race car driver - astronaut - total fucking asshole - cowboy - etc and these would sell at $99 each 'just in time for Christmas.

You can view the collection at collecttrumpcards.com and I am pleased to announce that TFG appears to have lost weight and added some much-needed muscle to his taut frame. I like especially the one of him standing outside Trump Tower ripping off his suit à la Clark Kent to expose said ripped bod with lasers for eyes.

But you're all too late. They've gone in less time than it takes to sell out a Taylor Swift concert. I was planning to buy 45 of them and guarantee myself an invite to Mar-a-Lago for the Gala at some date TBD.

You can (or could if you were on the ball which clearly you are not) buy them using your wallet full of cryptocurrency. I especially like this line in the instructions for us well-connected and technically astute bros:
Know Your Customer (KYC) regulations are mandatory for major cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions and CollectTrumpCards because it ensures they comply with regulatory rules and laws. Additionally, CollectTrumpCards remains anti-money laundering (AML) compliant.
I'm saddened and the scales have fallen from my eyes. I thought the whole point of TFG, apart from his non-toxic masculinity which elevates all of us, was to deliver us a world free from rules and regulations. It may be that this offering is not as altruistic as it seems.

MajGenl.Meade

Re: A quick $4.5 million . . .

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

At least these tokens are free of fungi. Fatguy yes.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Four and a half million?   Hell, to him, that's just chump change.

If I can't stick them in the spokes of my bicycle, I don't want them.

But I do wonder if any of those cards shows him "moving on a married woman like a bitch" or "grabbing her by the pussy"?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

And of course you have to wonder why they thought it prudent to put this bit in:
Additionally, CollectTrumpCards remains anti-money laundering (AML) compliant.
New Year's resolution will be to become less cynical as I grow older. Maybe not 2023, but sometime in the future. I'm with St Augustine talking to God in this: "Da mihi castitatem et continentiam, sed noli modo. "Please make me chaste and continent [celibate], but not just yet!"

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Chaste and celibate are the same thing, and if that’s all it takes then I’m all in. Just don’t expect me to give up enjoying all the other wonderful stuff like food and drink and herbal medicine and fungi etc. ad infinitum.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:57 pm
Chaste and celibate are the same thing
My bad translation. 'Continent' nowadays mostly means able to contain one's bodily waste. It used to mean - and you will come across this in older novels or novels set in the 19th century - sexually confined to one's spouse. So I was trying to translate it with the sexual connotation (as opposed to the diapers meaning) and hit on celibate which, as you say, has almost the same meaning as chaste.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The funniest thing to me about this collection of Trump characters is that if they showed him in those costumes with his current face and body, I'm sure nobody, not even his supporters wouldn't even consider paying for them.

In my opinion, this joke of an idea turned him from a potential presidential candidate into the new Pat Paulsen...

Long Run

Post by Long Run »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:02 am
BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:57 pm
So I was trying to translate it with the sexual connotation (as opposed to the diapers meaning) and hit on celibate which, as you say, has almost the same meaning as chaste.
And for many, continent. ;)

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:25 am

In my opinion, this joke of an idea turned him from a potential presidential candidate into the new Pat Paulsen...
Nah, Pat Paulsen was actually clever and amusing
GAH!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I'm not ashamed to admit that when I first heard about how he was going be making a "major announcement", my mind went immediately to the writings of Jean Shepherd and the "major award" from the short story, “My Old Man and the Lascivious Special Award That Heralded the Birth of Pop Art” (yes, this was a short story years before it was incorporated into the movie).

As it turned out, I wasn't mistaken.  The only difference is that because the Trump illustrations exist only as intangible NFTs, they are not "fra-GEE-lay".
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I went to the website and looked at some of the illustrations. Oh, Jesus.
And they sold out... shaking my head.
In this case, the term 'NFT' must stand for 'Nitwits For Trump'.
-"BB"-

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

I just saw this, and I wonder if this explanation has occurred to anyone else?

Trump_NFTs.jpg

This idea actually makes a LOT of sense...
...more sense than the assumption that any significant number of the red-hat crowd even know what an NFT is, let alone think that it's something worth buying.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:25 am
Sue U wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:51 pm
Nah, Pat Paulsen was actually clever and amusing
You're right about Pat Paulsen. I was thinking of the idea that less people are taking Trump seriously as a candidate and more people seeing him as someone to laugh at.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

How to milk sheep.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God