The shitshow has begun

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Re: The shitshow has begun

Post by BoSoxGal »

7D12A372-690E-485D-A61D-BFC819D911C4.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:44 am
I'm watching the shit show. They've just had the 14th vote where McCarthy was one vote short. The idea that the speakership is in the hands of a total fucking asshole like Matt Gaetz is just insanity.
And why, exactly, is Matt Gaetz a "total fucking asshole"?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

BoSoxGal wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:44 pm
How appropriate.  Two years to the day.

Fifteen tries before enough Corgress-critters finally got fed up with the stalemate. They weren't voting in favor of him as much as they were voting in favor of getting it over with so they could get off the merry-go-round.

I just wonder, though, how long before the GOP (Guns Over People) party starts declaring this a mandate.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:20 pm
ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:44 am
I'm watching the shit show. They've just had the 14th vote where McCarthy was one vote short. The idea that the speakership is in the hands of a total fucking asshole like Matt Gaetz is just insanity.
And why, exactly, is Matt Gaetz a "total fucking asshole"?
Because he's got an 'R' after his name?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Quite apart from his personal qualities - his long time wingman is in prison for 11 years for having sex with underage girls and had accused Gaetz of doing the same (and yes, I am well aware that prosecutors have declined to follow up) he was so obviously enjoying being the center of attention on the whole McCarthy episode. I don't want McCarthy either - but don't forget that Matt Gaetz nominated Donald Trump to be speaker of the house that he (Trump) had sent his supporters to vandalize exactly two years previously.

So yes, I think Total Fucking Asshole is reasonably apposite. But I'm willing to give him an upgrade if you think it appropriate, Jarl.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

And it wouldn't sound right to call Gaetz an Incomplete Fucking Asshole even though a strong argument could be made that he is missing something.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Fear itself and stupid.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:31 pm

Fifteen tries before enough Corgress-critters finally got fed up with the stalemate. They weren't voting in favor of him as much as they were voting in favor of getting it over with so they could get off the merry-go-round.
Oy, do you have the wrong vampire.

They were not "in favor of getting it over with" - they were the merry-go-round, following Trump's orders to screw McCarthy until he told them to stop. Trump then "persuaded" McCarthy to cave in to almost all their rotten demands. Being happy, being bribed, they did the slow-dance switching of votes, enticing McC on. "Just let us run our hand under your panties" cried the last couple and HE was in favor of getting it over with.

I wish that meme left out the word 'shitless' so I could post it in other places.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:51 pm
I wish that meme left out the word 'shitless' so I could post it in other places.
Here, Meade. I did a quick hack job for you....

Scared.jpg

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/07/us/p ... house.html
Mr. McCarthy insisted his caucus would still be able to get things done.

“Don’t judge us on how we start, watch how we finish, and I think by having the disruption now really built the trust with one another and learned how to work together,” he told reporters, adding that he was “1,000 percent” confident that he would hold the speaker job for a two-year term.
Anytime someone uses "1,000 percent" as a synonym for "100 percent" it's a reliable indicator of ignorance, stupidity, and incompetence.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:16 am

Here, Meade. I did a quick hack job for you....
Somehow my reply was lost . . . I wrote

"Thanks, Joe. But next time, center the last line would ya?"

Yrs.,
CDO
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

he was “1,000 percent” confident that he would hold the speaker job for a two-year term.
He may go longer than a head of lettuce because his party are in fact cannibals and they're busy looking for the right size pot. But I have no doubt they'll find one.
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

14B34569-2D8E-4DBF-8FCF-20F40DCB9EC5.jpeg
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan