Biden

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Biden

Post by BoSoxGal »

I was beginning to warm to a re-election bid, but I am sorely disappointed in the news and handling of the classified documents discovered at his home(s) and office. I am already sick of the Hunter investigations in the House and they haven’t even begun.

What say you about another run for Biden? And if not, who?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: Biden

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Yeah, I'd vote for Biden again.  I'd even vote for you, if it meant NOT electing Trump or anyone else suffering from the MAGA virus.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Definitely not Joe. Altho' I agree with Bill that if it was him or an outright MAGAt, it's Joe all the way. (Throws up in mouth; swallows).

Who else? Oh dear. George Voinovich if he wasn't dead. Sherrod Brown -- except I don't think he'll be up there. Harris maybe . . . Whitmer is a strong possible for me. Admired her stand in Michigan (she can't help from whence she came).

Definitely not Occasional-Cortex, Buttygig (no, not because of that but because his name is stupid), Newsom (who swears he wont run), Sanders, Hiawarrentha, or Klobuchar. If one of those was the candidate, then I'd just stay home rather than vote unless Trump or a close facsimile runs. I'm getting used to swallowing vomit.

Possibly acceptable Reptilians: if DeSantis really abandons Trumpism, then maybe (just maybe) I might (might) vote for him rather than any from the Democrat party. Glenn Youngkin? I like what I've read of him, mostly. Otherwise, it's bleak. If I were Trump, I'd wait until a month or two before the Election and then loudly endorse (is there an other way) all the Republicans I didn't like - that should doom them.

Whoever runs for President, I will be voting a straight anti-Republican ticket for state government in Ohio, futile thought that may be.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I'm all for Joe B being put out to pasture - Jesus Christ could be running and if he were 82 (as Biden will be by the time of his second inauguration if he gets in) he's just too old. I believe he has done some good things but the "I'm not Trump" persona won't work. The Inflation Reduction Act was good - I wish it had gone further on climate change and short term answers to energy are not enough - but the Rs in Congress are going to stifle the reasonable attempt to get more people to pay their taxes by increasing the IRS headcount.

If not Biden then who. Harris has been a disappointment - not sure whose fault that is. Buttigieg is a possibility but I think he's looking for a Senate seat. He'd never get one in Indiana despite his success as mayor of South Bend where Notre Dame is. Despite Notre Dame's Catholicocentrism, it's still a well regarded university and probably tends a bit more liberal than the rest of the state. But he has now moved to Michigan where his husband is from and his eye is probably on replacing Sen Stabenow who has said she will not run in 2024.

Maybe Andrew Yang - who is no longer a Democrat but an independent - will run and Ds can get behind him in an attempt to diminish the current polarization.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Here's hoping it's Biden-Harris 2024.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

Jarlaxle wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:48 am
Here's hoping it's Biden-Harris 2024.
Not the strongest possible D ticket by a big margin. But if that's the eventual D decision, I hope the Rs go with Trump and whoever.

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Wait, even better: Biden-Fetterman 2024. It's a no-brainer!