If "Funny Face" Drinks Made a Comeback.....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

If "Funny Face" Drinks Made a Comeback.....

Post by Joe Guy »

Most of us older mature folks from the U.S. remember 'Goofy Grape' and 'Rootin Tootin Raspberry' and a few other Kool-Aid type drinks that wouldn't be allowed on the market today based on their name (eg: Chinese Cherry).

I kinda wish someone would update and reintroduce those drinks.

Maybe they could start with something like:

Trump orange.jpg
Trump orange.jpg (54.76 KiB) Viewed 145 times

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: If "Funny Face" Drinks Made a Comeback.....

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I remember those from back in the day. They were originally introduced around 1964 with five flavors (Goofy Ggrape, Freckle-Face Strawberry, Injun Orange, Loud-Mouth Lime, and Chinese Cherry).

Images of package labels as of the end of 1960s...

As you can see, by that time "Chinese Cherry" had become "Choo-Choo Cherry", and "Injun Orange" morphed into "Jolly-Olly Orange".
"Goofy Grape", "Loud-Mouth Lime", and "Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry" apparently didn't offend people back then.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Re: If "Funny Face" Drinks Made a Comeback.....

Post by Big RR »

"Choo Choo Cherry"? As I recall, it was originally "Chinese Cherry". If I'm not mistaken, there was also "Loud Mouth Lime". I din't ever recall drinking it (we always ought Kool Aid), but the commercial jingle sticks in my mind.