SOTU speech

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
ex-khobar Andy

SOTU speech

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I'm still watching this after an hour or so but I think it's one of the best I have seen in the last 20 some years. Maybe there were low expectations; and maybe my memory is a little short; but it is good.

BoSoxGal

Re: SOTU speech

Post by BoSoxGal »

I thought so too - I fell asleep but that’s more to do with my current sleep schedule than anything. Watching the rest now, here’s the link if anyone missed it but wants to watch: https://youtu.be/gzcBTUvVp7M
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

I really like the 'free exchange of views' as the diplomates report. The storm after he said "SOME republicans want to. . . . " He actually got the GOP to stand agree on something. The silly part of the 'drama' when they crowded the aisles to touch the hem of his garment as he walks by made me cringe. Then I read the even George Romney thought the new Congress critter from New York was an insult to the GOP just for being there.

I was surprised at the fuss about which of the Supremes were there. Why are any of them there? This is supposed to be an annual report from the chief executive to the legislative branch. The REAL conservative tradition is for it to be in writing and just sent over to congress by messenger. It has turned into a fight to get applause lines and 30 sec of face time on tv. The promise to do everything thru 'buy American' seems tough in application.

Yes, it was actually interesting. snailgate.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Biden played the GOP like a fiddle. He really is a pretty masterful politician.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:26 am
Who wore it better?
GAH!

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Sue U wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:08 pm
Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:26 am
Who wore it better?
I prefer the one who is not a bottle blonde.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Sue U wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:08 pm
Who wore it better?
In my opinion the ape looks better than the thing on the left of it but Cruella de Vil wore it better than MTG also...