I was ignored when I warned that the camps are coming for LGBTQ people...

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

Re: I was ignored when I warned that the camps are coming for LGBTQ people...

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

liberty

Post by liberty »

That is bull shit; it is more likely that the left will come for Christians. The left uses the state's power to take out their enemies. See Nazi Germany, Soviet Russia, communist China, and Pol pot. And in this country, a dictator is more likely to be on the left than the right. So it's left in this country that wants to do away with the safeguards in the constitution. And most leftists are atheists or agnostics and consider Christianity an evil and dangerous fantasy. Consider Ron Reagan.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The village idiot thinks those regimes were actually of the "left" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :loon :loon :loon :loon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Evil=lack of empathy.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Econoline, educate me. What is the authority, validity, wisdom, implied by citing it comes from a 'Redditor"?

For me, that is just another version of "I saw it on the web."

Although the observation looks interesting to me. 'lack of empathy' is frequently included in the definition of psychopath.

snailgate

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

SG - the more important part was the quote from Gilbert. You're right, the two reaction quotes were basically two random people on the internet saying "I agree" in two different ways, and adding their own random thoughts to the discussion.

I posted what I posted as an image (found on Facebook), so there was no way (that I know of, YMMV) to cut it in half, but I thought the format made it clear which part was supposed to be "authority, validity, wisdom" and which part was merely "looks interesting to me".
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

From Wonkette:
Republican state Rep. John Talley had introduced a bill in the Oklahoma House of Representatives that would've prevented corporal punishment against students with disabilities. Some of his fellow Republicans supported the measure, but a greater number of Republican representatives were pro-beating-kids so the bill failed.

Newsweek reports:
The final vote for the measure—House Bill 1028—garnered 45 votes of support, while 43 voted against it. Despite that slight edge in"yeas," 51 votes are needed to advance bills. All 43 votes against the bill were cast by Republicans.
Of course, they were. Meanwhile, Oklahoma Republicans want to "protect" kids from seeing drag in public places. Maybe they could split the difference and send misbehaving kids to an on-site drag performance.
God @The Tweet of God