Trump family is going full Nazi

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Trump family is going full Nazi

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Re: Trump family is going full Nazi

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

It's on my FB page now. Not that anyone will care. With the lead-in "Do Christians really care who they vote for?"
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 2:13 am
It's on my FB page now. Not that anyone will care. With the lead-in "Do Christians really care who they vote for?"
Well do they?
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Sue U wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 3:23 am
MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 2:13 am
Well do they?
It's self-sorting, isn't it? The answer should be 'yes'. But I know far too many Christians who voted for Trump and still believe that he is worthy of credence. However, not for me to say whether or not they are "Christian". The hope is always that one or two people may see a challenge like that juxtaposed with actual evidence of the nature of the beast(s) and pause to consider the obvious contradiction between their faith and their vote. Yes, I know. <Crickets>
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

One is a Democrat, a Republican, a Christian by simply declaring that to be true. "We create our own reality" Welcome to the post-modern world. The age of enlightenment is over. Donald Trump is a Conservative because he says he is. Fox News is fair and balanced because it says it is. And Charles Lutwidge Dodgson was a highly successful predictor of the future condition of society.

"The new poll showed that Biden would lose to Trump, 49% to 42%. What’s more, 18% of the majority of American voters who believe Trump should be held criminally accountable for attempting to overturn the 2020 election said they would vote for Trump anyway."

I shall continue wearing my "Make Orwell Fiction Again" hat.

snailgate.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I am taking the absurdist approach to life these days. It’s the only way I can make it survivable. Nothing means anything but I nevertheless work to help others and grasp at what fleeting joys come my way. And I’m petting as many of the dogs as I can. And looking away from the screens more and more because it’s hard to bear watching what is happening to USA.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

petting more dogs is a responsible policy in today's world. A chain restaurant around here passes out refrigerator/car magnets that say 'Wag more, bark less." Also not a bad idea.

Snailgate