Trump acknowledges Memorial Day 2023

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Trump acknowledges Memorial Day 2023

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Here's the text of Trump's Memorial Day 'Truth' (seriously, that's the term he uses for posts on that social network he created after Twitter banned him):
Happy Memorial Day to all, but especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the country they love, and to those in line of a very different, but equally dangerous fire, stopping the threats of the terrorists, misfits and lunatic thugs who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once great country, which has never been in greater peril than it is right now.  We must stop the communists, Marxists and fascist ‘pigs’ at every turn and, Make America Great Again!
This was posted as a single block of text, and in all capital letters, naturally.

In comparison, here's the tweets of Joe Biden and former president Barack Obama on the same subject...
On Memorial Day, we honor America's fallen heroes who gave their last full measure of devotion to this nation.

We'll never be able to repay the debt we owe them.

But today, we rededicate ourselves to the work for which they gave their lives, and we recommit to supporting the loved ones they left behind.
This Memorial Day, take a moment to honor the brave Americans who have served our country and given their lives for our freedom.  May God bless our fallen heroes, their families, and all who serve.

The guy just hasn't got a fuckin' clue, does he?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Re: Trump acknowledges Memorial Day 2023

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 10:55 pm
Here's the text of Trump's Memorial Day 'Truth' (seriously, that's the term he uses for posts on that social network he created after Twitter banned him):
Happy Memorial Day to all, but especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the country they love, and to those in line of a very different, but equally dangerous fire, stopping the threats of the terrorists, misfits and lunatic thugs who are working feverishly from within to overturn and destroy our once great country, which has never been in greater peril than it is right now.  We must stop the communists, Marxists and fascist ‘pigs’ at every turn and, Make America Great Again!
This was posted as a single block of text, and in all capital letters, naturally.

In comparison, here's the tweets of Joe Biden and former president Barack Obama on the same subject...
On Memorial Day, we honor America's fallen heroes who gave their last full measure of devotion to this nation.

We'll never be able to repay the debt we owe them.

But today, we rededicate ourselves to the work for which they gave their lives, and we recommit to supporting the loved ones they left behind.
This Memorial Day, take a moment to honor the brave Americans who have served our country and given their lives for our freedom.  May God bless our fallen heroes, their families, and all who serve.

The guy just hasn't got a fuckin' clue, does he?
-"BB"-
As a proud Vietnam-era war criminal who volunteered for service in the Cold War, I agree that some people in the United States want to change this country from a federation to a centrally controlled communist-like empire. Mostly these people are in the Democrat party people like Bernie Sanders and AOC. They are the real threat within the threat that can truly damage our liberty.
Last edited by liberty on Tue May 30, 2023 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:52 am
As a proud Vietnam-era war criminal who volunteered for service in the Cold War, I agree that some people in the United States want to change this country from a federation to a centrally controlled communist-like empire......
What war crimes did you commit?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Joe Guy wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:54 am
liberty wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 1:52 am
As a proud Vietnam-era war criminal who volunteered for service in the Cold War, I agree that some people in the United States want to change this country from a federation to a centrally controlled communist-like empire......
What war crimes did you commit?
I volunteered for the Air Force when I didn't need to during the Vietnam War; according to the anti-war liberals of the time, that made me a war criminal.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I was very much against the Vietnam war and so were most people I knew. Nobody I associated with thought of our service men and women as war criminals. In fact, people I knew (and my older brother) fought in the war and were respected by friends and relatives, regardless of their opinions on the war.

In those days people were either drafted into the army or joined the service on their own so they could choose which branch of the military they would be in. Unless you had or could fake a disability, people my brother's age were pretty much destined to go into the service.

You might be qualified to speak for right wing redneck hicks but you'd be smart to let "anti-war liberals" speak for themselves.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Happy Memorial Day to all, but especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the country they love
Uhhh...so Trump is telling people who have already *DIED* for their country to have a "Happy Memorial Day"??? :loon
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The Mango Mussolini mangles all he mumbles.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

Econoline wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:38 am
Uhhh...so Trump is telling people who have already *DIED* for their country to have a "Happy Memorial Day"??? :loon
That would appear to be a correct assessment.

He should hire Tucker Carlson to proofread his posts to be sure they are true, and not completely nuts.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Econoline wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:38 am
Happy Memorial Day to all, but especially to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for the country they love
As if anything is supposed to make "sense" anymore.
GAH!