Bank The Vote

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Bank The Vote

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Got an email in my inbox today from the Wisconsin GOP through a pro-Republican mailing/PAC group called Win-Red.com or something like that, urging me to give money (yeah – what a surprise!) to help the Wisconsin Republican party do something called "Bank The Vote".  What it boils down to is they want to get as many people as possible to vote early and vote Republican so they can (all quotes are from their email) "ensure we bank as many votes as possible BEFORE Election Day to beat the Democrats at their own game".  Their "winning game plan" lies in "encouraging and educating voters on the importance of voting early, so that "we can widen the net statewide to take back America from the radical Left" and thereby "deliver Wisconsin for Republicans in 2024".

Remember, Wisconsin was just one of the states that, during the 2020 pandemic, eliminated or curtailed the hours of various polling places, especially in places were the demographics skewed toward voters of lower-income, disadvantaged, elderly, or persons of color, and the Republican-controlled State Supreme Court disallowed unattended drop-off of ballots into a secure box in or outside of county facilities like courthouses (I might point out that this is the same system that the United State Postal Service has been using to collect mail for over fifty years, and the US Post Office Department practiced for more than a century before that) due to fears of ballot stuffing, ballot harvesting, unauthorized voting, multiple ballots, or other issues of voter fraud — fears that were later shown to be completely unfounded.  According to them, the only valid vote was one cast by the actual person standing in line — with two forms of valid ID, of course — at the polling place on Election Day.

Now, however, it's apparently all good.   Come on, come all ... it's only July 2023, and we haven't even had a convention or any primaries yet, but vote!  Vote!  VOTE!

It's getting so a person can't remember which GOP lie we're supposed to believe any more.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

eddieq

Re: Bank The Vote

Post by eddieq »

I would regularly get emails from various "R" accounts - including the official DJT campaign encouraging me to vote by mail. Often on the same day, I'd get an email from other "R" accounts talking about how "they" are trying to steal the election with mail in votes.