Come Retribution

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Come Retribution

Post by BoSoxGal »

Just listened to an interview with this author on Deadline White House on MSNBC, it was just a bit unsettling. I’ve been trying to put this all out of mind for mental health, so I hadn’t realized all about Trump’s campaign launch rally in Waco and how Bannon is calling MAGA the Trump Davidians.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/ ... ump-speech

Another book worth borrowing from the library, maybe.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: Come Retribution

Post by Econoline »

Not sure I'd ever believe anything from ol' Mr. "Flood the Zone With Shit".
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

While I could believe Bannon would know (or found out and used the term) "come Retribution" to hearken back to confederate code words, I'm not even sure Trump could name the sides in the Civil War, let alone would know an obscure term not agreed to by many historians as being tied to an assassination conspiracy (at lest directly).

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Big RR wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:43 pm
While I could believe Bannon would know (or found out and used the term) "come Retribution" to hearken back to confederate code words, I'm not even sure Trump could name the sides in the Civil War, let alone would know an obscure term not agreed to by many historians as being tied to an assassination conspiracy (at lest directly).
Sure Trump is dumb as the day is long, I'll grant you that. But he's angry and mean and surrounded by angry and mean and much smarter authoritarian minded people, who know how to manipulate all the angry, mean and just misguided people who follow Trump.

We are so far from out of the woods yet.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Agreed; and he is a big enough of a jerk to be a puppet for those people who can't/don't speak for themselves. But he is a puppet who has a following and is still a concern.