Is there anyone besides myself who thinks

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Is there anyone besides myself who thinks

Post by Bicycle Bill »

that the 'Dark Brandon' meme that the DNC seems to have adopted like a humane-shelter puppy is about the stupidest thing they could find to go with??   Sure, I think it's good they took what Trump thought was a slur and turned it around, and that it plays along with Trump and his NFT trading cards...  but look at what happened with them.  He released them, found some pigeons to buy them, the rest of us had a good belly laugh or two over them — and since then, pfffft!   They're about as relevant and valuable as used toilet paper.

And I can't help but feel the same way when I see that 'Joe Biden with the glowing eyes' image.  It makes me think 'comic book character', not a man who I can trust to turn this country around and bring it back from the brink of Trump's brand of totalitarianism.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Re: Is there anyone besides myself who thinks

Post by Big RR »

It seems pretty silly to me, but I'm hoping that it is aimed at a demographic which will respond positively to it. The campaign is far more marketing than issues, and maybe this will work (we can only help). I any event, it won't push me away from voting for Biden, however stupid it is.

wesw

Post by wesw »

man rr...., i haven t spoken of politics since i ve been back on the forum, but you tempt me....

i really respect you and have called you the voice of reason here.

nevermind...., it doesn t matter

all is lost.

we re doomed

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

wes--personally, I don't see it as politics, more as a commentary on how political campaigns have become more marketing than political issues. It's been that way for decades, and is only getting worse. But, like it or not, that's the way it is, and all candidates play by the same (or similar) rule books.

wesw

Post by wesw »

yeah, honest observations are not inherently political.

the truth is the truth and should be reported in a free society.

my biggest fear is the loss of free speech and expression

i believe that biden will win the nomination and then withdraw, leaving the party to throw either newsom or obama (michele) into the race

biden cannot win because the black folk have learned that he is a cracker and the electorate as a whole are aware that he is senile