hey meade....

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
wesw

hey meade....

Post by wesw »

i will almost certainly crawl back under my rock, in the near future

the board, the dying board has gained new life and vigor since my return, i have observed

your welcome

pedants rejoice!!!!!

"this is your welcome......."

michael malice

Big RR

Re: hey meade....

Post by Big RR »

wes--and what "new life and vigor" is that; new life and vigor would mean we are doing more of what this board is intended to do--debate the issues and posts. Getting people pissed off and in name calling is something quite different from debate. You are as welcome as anyone else to post on this board in whatever way you choose--that is why we are not moderated--but don't pat yourself on the back about bringing new life and vigor because I am certain I haven't seen it. Indeed, I doubt that many, if anyone, would think this board has been invigorated by you.

wesw

Post by wesw »

i disagree

have you analyzed the number of posts since i rejioned compared the the equal time period right before that?

wesw

Post by wesw »

i mean, even gob called you a bunch of stale old crackers and fucked off back to wales

right now he is listening to tom jones somewhere

its so unusual.....,

wesw

Post by wesw »

anyway, have you heard about the Mayor, the super mayor, of Dolton?

she is a real cunt

i believe you are from chicago if i remember correctly

maybe you should use your lawyerly skills in illi nois

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Again, I maintain that name calling and provocative posts (and there are many posts of that type by you) is not bringing new life and vigor to the board; how many of your posts have resulted in any serious discussions? Again, this is an open board and you can post what you want, as can we all. But I maintain that your posts, while admittedly increasing the number of posts, have not contributed greatly to the discussions this board tries to maintain. But if you value quantity over quality, so be it. And, FWIW, there are many boards of that type, but I think this one is intended to be more than a flame fest.

As for Gob, he can speak for himself.

wesw

Post by wesw »

ok.

i ll skip the super mayor, for now

i do agree that i have been rude unsocial in my posts

i have my own reasons for that and bourbon is a factor

stipulated.

i will ask you tho, why do you not take the same attitude towards other posters who do the same?

this, i believe, is a serious discussion in the vein you referenced

sue u, scooter, BB, and others are also rude and insulting, not just towards me, but towards Liberty, and in truth towards half the country, who support president trump

even Joe, meade and yourself engage in that practice

i am confused at your selective condemnation

enlighten me why the pot is calling the kettle black

wesw

Post by wesw »

furthermore, the "super mayor, is a serious thing to be discussed, i think, but since there is no justification for her you all decline to engage in the discussion.

that is on you

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

i will ask you tho, why do you not take the same attitude towards other posters who do the same?

this, i believe, is a serious discussion in the vein you referenced

sue u, scooter, BB, and others are also rude and insulting, not just towards me, but towards Liberty, and in truth towards half the country, who support president trump
Mainly because it is only you who claim to be the savior of the board, not them. I am not the arbiter of what is acceptable or not, and leave it to reach to post as (s)he sees fit; I rarely comment on post etiquette and I am not willing to be draw into a discussion on it; we each post as we see fit. I am only commenting on the statement you made. Go ahead and post as you see fit--I may or may not respond as I see fit. That, IMHO, is the strength of this Board.

wesw

Post by wesw »

gosh, i have more,

my intruduction to this board was an intruduction to a place of the most hateful insults.

have you forgotten the exchanges between Lord jim and bill nye the science guy?

or TPFKAW and bigskygal

the word cunt was flung about like shit in a monkey cage

early in my tenure here scooter made a comment about me being expelled from my syphillitic mothers uterous in some hog holler

have you forgotten?

and sue u laughed and proclaimed it clever

did you admonish them?

i don t recall that you did

i called you names too, also, as welll

i called you "the voice of reason"

i no longer feel that the nick name is apt

but i may be wrong

i will restrain myself, hopefully, and await your reply.

i only left the board this last time because scooter said that i wouldn t .

well, i did, for a couple of years, i think, and i may become reasonable again, just because you say that i am not.

maybe.

i was perfectlyy happy here, despite the derision, until i reluctantly supported Trump

then all hell broke loose and my hard stupid head demanded that i fight against the new machine

so, RR, am i wrong?

completely?

partially?

jesus christ, man

i am salty

but without salt the world would have no flavor

wesw

Post by wesw »

jeez, it is not easy to argue against 20 people, yet Liberty and i persist

why?

maybe because we care

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

wesw wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:14 pm
my intruduction to this board was an intruduction to a place of the most hateful insults.

have you forgotten the exchanges between Lord jim and bill nye the science guy?

or TPFKAW and bigskygal

the word cunt was flung about like shit in a monkey cage

early in my tenure here scooter made a comment about me being expelled from my syphillitic mothers uterous in some hog holler
I guess you forgot everything you said that caused others to react to you in that way.

Convenient.

Was that also the bourbon?
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

And for the record, I never claimed that you were expelled from your mother's syphilitic uterus. Here is what I said, and it had nothing to do with your mother or her uterus. It did have everything to do with you lying about what I had posted. Thanks for proving me right about that once again.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Again wes, I am not, and do not want to be, the arbiter of this board; I only post in response to things I see; perhaps you and I want different types of boards, and that's fine with me; some people love name calling invective and others open discussion without it. Keep posting as you want, and I will post as I choose. People here do that and I think that is the strength of this boars; personally, I will leave discussions that degenerate to name calling, while other continue to participate. Fine with me; I don't need to be "the voice of reason", nor do I aspire to being it.

As for it being difficult to argue against 20 people, that is your choice. We are here, IMHO, to discuss issues and rarely, if ever, will anyone "win" or "lose" an argument--the discussion is the point, not the result. Suffice it to say that most, if not all, here similarly "care" about what we post.

liberty

Post by liberty »

wesw wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:53 pm
furthermore, the "super mayor, is a serious thing to be discussed, i think, but since there is no justification for her you all decline to engage in the discussion.

that is on you
Who is the super mayor and why is she that so beautiful part of the human female body?
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:46 pm
Just want to point out that Trump is not president and hasn't been for over three years.  He is a FORMER president, like Carter, Bush Sr. and Jr., Clinton, and Obama — and was a piss-poor excuse for a president when he did deign to squat in the Oval Office rather than his digs at Mar-a-Lago.
To continue to call him 'president' is to cheapen the office...  or a sign that you are hopelessly affected by the mental issue known as "Deranged Trumpist Syndrome" where one blindly accepts and believes all the nonsense being spread by a hallucinating septuagenarian like it was the Word of God — complete with the sacred Stone Tablets — and rejects all arguments and proofs to the contrary.
-"BB"-
Last edited by Bicycle Bill on Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

furthermore, the "super mayor, is a serious thing to be discussed,
wes--since you raised it I'll pitch in my 2 cents; an official of a small town apparently misusing public funds is nothing new, and it is up to those in the town (or state government) to handle it. Ultimately, it is up to the people to vote her out (or maybe oust her). FWIW, we had a mayor who did similar things and he was voted out of office and eventually sent to prison. I am not sure what you think should be discussed about it.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

Poor little snowflake wesw, always the victim! Do you need a safe space for your feelings?
wesw wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:14 pm
and sue u laughed and proclaimed it clever
Show me where, liar.

Although I certainly will admit that Scooter can turn a phrase.

And FYI, calling you on your bullshit is not "insulting" you. You resemble nothing so much as a squirrel on meth, hopping all over the board leaving multiple incoherent posts and refusing to back up the lunatic claims you pulled out of some wingnut's ass youtube channel. But if you're acting like an idiot, I've got no problem specifically identifying that behavior.
GAH!

wesw

Post by wesw »

hey lib,

tiffany henyeard is the super mayor

the scope of her corruption is mind boggling

Nate the Lawyer on youtube has a few good videos about her

wesw

Post by wesw »

ok, RR

i just read your post while soberish

i don t believe that i claimed to be savior of the board

just a breath of fresh air

the board is kinda stale

you have your whipping boy, liberty

i am the wild card

other than liberty and i, you just kinda stroke each others egos

the board is a sheltered safe place

i think of oldr, a friend of yours who you drove away because he didn t toe your party line

such a shame

he was your friend

you hurt his feelings

i am just some asshole on the internet

when i say you, i don t mean you personally, i mean the board as a whole