$83,300,000

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Scooter

$83,300,000

Post by Scooter »

$18.3 million compensatory and $65 million punitive

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Re: $83,300,000

Post by BoSoxGal »

If he gets reelected E. Jean Carroll needs to watch out for seal team 6.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Any bets on how long it will take before Trump defames Carroll again?

eddieq

Post by eddieq »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:01 am
Any bets on how long it will take before Trump defames Carroll again?
I'll take the "under"

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I heard that when Trump learned of the verdict he held a pistol to his head and tried to put a bullet through his brain.

Unfortunately, it was so small a target that he missed.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Trumpinchurch.jpg

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

wesw

Post by wesw »

that bitches pussy was always free

now it is worth money?

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

wesw wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:38 pm
that bitches pussy was always free

now it is worth money?
You getting jealous because your sister is now charging you for what she used to give you for nuthin'?
Better get to the free clinic and get checked for anything else she might have given you.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

83 million loss.jpg
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

$ 83,300,000
+354,868,768
$438,168,768
...and counting

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Bicycle Bill

Post by Bicycle Bill »

I heard that since he never finished that wall that Mexico was paying for, he's going to use that money to pay off his fines instead.
-"BB"-

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It was only a matter of time.

Some took the opportunity to send Trump their best wishes:

-- Author unknown

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

-- Author unknown

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Any body explain the New York money details on the appeal? I have some kind of vague idea that before he can file an appeal, he must post a bond equal to the amount due from this trial. In other words, before you can appeal a judgement against you, you must show you have the money to pay it if you lose the appeal. Is this close to the way it works.?

snailgate

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Either a bond or put up the cash in escrow, as I understand it. But the amount required is typically MORE than the judgment, to account for post-judgment interest that will accrue while the appeal is pending.

-- Author unknown

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

That and the fact that given his attitude on repaying his debts no one is going to front him bond.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Crackpot wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:49 pm
That and the fact that given his attitude on repaying his debts no one is going to front him bond.
True, but lenders always want 6to make oney and would likely lend him money with the proper security and at a higher interest rate. Also, I would imagine that there are a lot of rich people who might pledge part of the bond in exchange for getting some leverage over the next president (or at least someone who they imagine might be the next president). And. like how the base of the Statue of Liberty was built, this man isn't above taking the pennies of kids to fund his dream. I doubt he'll have a problem posting the bond; slime like him gets away with almost everything.