$83,300,000

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Re: $83,300,000

Post by Bicycle Bill »

Big RR wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:25 pm
And. like how the base of the Statue of Liberty was built, this man isn't above taking the pennies of kids to fund his dream. I doubt he'll have a problem posting the bond; slime like him gets away with almost everything.
There's a huge fuckin' difference there.  The pedestal for the Statue of Liberty actually got built.   Trump's wall, or his alternative to Obamacare, or his being the voice for the common worker, or his promise to 'drain the swamp', or even his assurance that he would hire 'only the best people' — never happened.

Although we always knew which golf course to find him at, despite his pledge during the 2016 campaign that "... I’m going to be working for you, I’m not going to have time to go golfing, believe me."
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

No argument there; but as the base of the statue was built on the backs of the "less fortunate", so will Trump's bond. The man is shameless enough to do that.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

He had to put it all up up front no interest accrued only to be returned if he wins. No one with money sense will take that risk and those who don’t, don’t have that kind of money.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I din't know, for the right terms (perhaps periodic interest he'd have to pay to them while the money is in the escrow) some will I'd bet; especially if it is secured by an interest in some of his prime properties (if the judgments are upheld and have to be paid). And even $10 apiece from his supporters could amount to a lot of money.

Personally, I would think someone would have to be crazy to advance him any funds, but I'll bet he gets the bond from other people and keeps his cash. I love to be wrong on this, but I doubt I am.