Tucker Carson is to air an interview with Vladimir Putin

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Re: Tucker Carson is to air an interview with Vladimir Putin

Post by BoSoxGal »

Given that the South is a welfare region which takes more federal resources than it contributes in taxes, if we get divorced from them are we going to have to pay alimony to them for some period of time while they learn to stand on their own feet?
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Russia's army is in such great shape, they are recruiting Nepalis to fight in their illegal invasion and aggression in Ukraine.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/10/asia/nep ... index.html

Fucking Putin.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I didn't know that. Nepali soldiers have long had an outsize role in the UK Army as Gurkhas with a reputation for ferocity and bravery. But Nepal is very poor and probably easy pickings if you want mercenaries.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

liberty wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:25 pm
I do feel a majority of Southerners at least white southerners do resent liberal Yankee imperialist interference . . . in case of a conflict with Russia; Putin would have a 5th column in this country to work with

Biden could just send whatever he has in his arsenal to the Ukrainians.....give Ukraine everything they need and the hell with the political consequences.
1. I'm sure those millions (ha ha) of white southerners would be thrilled to be called a 5th column of traitors, cowards and communist arse-kissers by you

B. Good idea. Biden should definitely strip the US armed forces of all their weapons and send them to the Ukraine. So your masturbatory fantasy of a Russian invasion of Alaska could proceed with the U.S. totally unable to defend itself against post-Tundra peasants and good ole boy Mississippi morons. I guess they could share teeth or underwear

EDITED "by you" (not "like you"). Sorry about that.
Last edited by MajGenl.Meade on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

Yeah, it's hard to grasp that anyone (let alone "millions of Southerners") could think that their life would be better under the Czar Putin and the Russian empire than it would be under Biden. :roll: :loon
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

liberty

Post by liberty »

Joe Guy wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:39 am
liberty wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:05 am

How many of our troops actually do the fighting?
What's your point?
My point refers to the same situation that has plagued armies from the beginning of time; today it's called the tooth to tell ratio; basically. it means only about 10% of our military actually does the fighting; the rest provide support. That comes out to something like a little over 200,000 troops. That is the actual size of our fighting army. The Ukrainians have lost over 200,000 combat troops. What happens when in a conflict with Russia, we have lost 200,000 troops, where are the replacements coming from; if you think a draft, you're deluding yourself? And like I said, for blacks to turn against the draft, all you had to do is equate it with slavery; there have been Democrat politicians in Louisiana who have won elections with insinuations in black churches that" Republicans will put you back in chains."

In the past' it was called "rose colored glasses," and it referred to the liberal inclination to see the world the way they want to see it not as it is, that is dangerous. Some people just can't handle the truth and hide from it.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Is he still breathing oxygen that could be put to way better use?

Meanwhile, in Tucker Carlson's "paradise":

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

liberty

Post by liberty »

The coward Biden is losing in Ukraine because he's a coward: he has what Ukraine needs to fight and even win, but he's too afraid to give it to them. He and the Democrats are responsible for the Disaster that is coming.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... c5f4&ei=35

The Russian military has broken the stalemate in the Ukraine war, Robert Gates, former CIA director and secretary of Defense, said Wednesday, following Moscow’s successful push to take the front-line city of Avdiivka.

“It’s no longer a stalemate. The Russians have regained momentum,” Gates told The Washington Post’s David Ignatius in a streaming interview. “Everything I’m reading is that the Russians are on the offensive along the 600-mile front.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Dumbass it was Johnson and the house that left town witithout taking up the bill You fucking waste of carbon.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

liberty wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:55 am
The coward Biden is losing in Ukraine because he's a coward: he has what Ukraine needs to fight and even win, but he's too afraid to give it to them. He and the Democrats are responsible for the Disaster that is coming.
Are news sources in your part of the U.S. reporting that democrats blocked Ukraine aid funding?

liberty

Post by liberty »

Joe Guy wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:29 am
liberty wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:55 am
Are news sources in your part of the U.S. reporting that democrats blocked Ukraine aid funding?
Joe, I know your capable of thinking so think about this; Ukraine is not Biden's main priority if it was, he'd have made any deal on the border that he needed to make to get the funding to Ukraine, but he chose not to do that. To hell with the funding, he has warehouses full of weapons, he has the keys and the means to transport the weapons to Ukraine, so what is stopping him from doing it? let Congress worry about restocking the warehouses this is an emergency!

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

liberty wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:21 am
Joe, I know your capable of thinking so think about this; Ukraine is not Biden's main priority if it was, he'd have made any deal on the border that he needed to make to get the funding to Ukraine, but he chose not to do that. To hell with the funding, he has warehouses full of weapons, he has the keys and the means to transport the weapons to Ukraine, so what is stopping him from doing it? let Congress worry about restocking the warehouses this is an emergency!
Why, exactly, is the Russia/Ukraine conflict an 'emergency'?

Or are you falling for the 'Domino Theory' again, and that if we don''t stop Russia in Ukraine then they're going to gobble up all the other former SSRs until they come marching thru Alaska and Canada into Montana and North Dakota?
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The Village Idiot wrote:
Ukraine is not Biden's main priority if it was, he'd have made any deal on the border that he needed to make to get the funding to Ukraine, but he chose not to do that.
Ask Senator Lankford how that went.

What a putz.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

liberty

Post by liberty »

I am not surprised the way things turned out; there hasn’t been a brave Democrat president since LBJ. If trump can move money around to build a border wall, Biden can move weapons to Ukraine. However it eventually turns out my people will be Ok, we are not homosexual, a demanding minority or inclined to break the law. If taxes are reasonable, we will be Ok.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I was just going to reply to liberty, but I'm 53 years old and have no more time to waste on willful idiots.
~ Carl Sagan

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

What she wrote. Except for the 20-year difference
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Same here; no comment on age; but I will point out that is is strange how he equates unilateral/dictatorial control, bypassing the legislature, with being "brave". I guess if you want to live in a dictatorship, you'd have to kowtow to the dictator and call him "brave" when he does whatever he wants. But it does explan his comments about how the people in the south will feel freer under Russian domination.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I thought of liberty when I saw this story:
https://www.wonkette.com/p/right-wing-c ... uple-drags
~ Carl Sagan

liberty

Post by liberty »

Bicycle Bill wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 5:17 am
liberty wrote:
Why, exactly, is the Russia/Ukraine conflict an 'emergency'?

Or are you falling for the 'Domino Theory' again, and that if we don''t stop Russia in Ukraine then they're going to gobble up all the other former SSRs until they come marching thru Alaska and Canada into Montana and North Dakota?
-"BB"-
It’s an emergency because if Putin wins in Ukraine the Russians are going to be on a psychological high and it’s going to mean trouble for us in the future. It will be like Hitler’s victory in France; they will forget about the 300,000 casualties all they going to remember is the glory of Putin; he will be their messiah. The Russians are people with an inferiority complex. A victory in Ukraine will makes them feel like winners; they’re going to want more of that; especially, if Putin rewards his army with land grants and other property in Ukraine.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Russia has broken the stalemate?

Russia is losing naval ships in the black sea. The supply lines for Crimea as drying up. Ukraine is now shipping food commodities in amounts slightly greater than before the Russian invasion. (source: BBC last night.)

snailgate