Who Needs an Election? Let's Just Declare Trump the Winner Now

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Who Needs an Election? Let's Just Declare Trump the Winner Now

Post by Bicycle Bill »

That's the MAGA-centric mindset running through the two or three brain cells of rookie (seated in 2023) Arizona state legislator Rachel Jones (Republican representative for Arizona's District 17, which covers parts of Pima, Pinal, and Cochise Counties just outside of Tucson in southeastern Arizona).  On Wednesday, she introduced an amendment to House Concurrent Resolution 2055 (originally intended to clean up some language relating to voting status of military personnel posted outside of the state), which resolved “to change the manner of the presidential election” by permitting the legislature to rescind previous laws and legislation to permit voters to select electors to the Electoral College, and instead vest that right strictly within the legislature itself.

In the test of the amendment, she's claiming that this resolution basically says that the Arizona Legislature, according to the U.S. Constitution, has “full plenary authority over presidential elections.”  So, in other words, unless the current governor rolls over, plays dead and allows the Republican faction to modify the election system by (among other things) mandating in-person voting only, no early balloting, and no machine balloting, and all ballots to be hand-tabulated only — then we're going to fuck up the election, declare Trump to be the winner, and award him the electoral votes – completely disenfranchising the registered voters of Arizona of their right to vote for a POTUS.

If this isn't the most blatant attempt yet to deprive American citizens of their right to elect their own leaders, I don't know what in the hell is.  This bitch should be thrown so far out of the Arizona statehouse in Phoenix that she lands in New Mexico on the bounce.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

Big RR

Re: Who Needs an Election? Let's Just Declare Trump the Winner Now

Post by Big RR »

I guess she'd like to go back to electing senators that way as well (although the 17th amendment might have something to say about that. It amazes me that people who claim to be for freedom and the people do not wish to embrace democratic principles (this happens on both the left and right, but lately seems to be the domain of MAGA).