Get Yours Before They All Disappear!!!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Joe Guy

Get Yours Before They All Disappear!!!

Post by Joe Guy »

Last night I was channel surfing on my TV and found a station called FIRST. I saw two people talking about how the country is going to have a civil war. They even got into details about states where nuclear bombs are located and how that will affect the war. And liberty might be interested in this - when I first tuned in they were talking about how it's likely that the Chinese would invade the U.S. from the north. Forget about Russia. The Chinese have more operatives here.

I couldn't watch for long because after a short while I needed to check under my bed for a communist and then checked each room for hidden listening devices and cameras that may have been planted by someone from China or maybe even the MAGA patriot rebel coalition. I made a clean sweep and found nothing so I think I'm safe....for now.

Then there was a commercial for this thing, selling for only $19.95:

It even has his inmate number on it! What a deal!! You can get it at Amazon but it's more expensive at $24.95. The reviews are good though.
Actual reviews...

"High quality and packaged well"

"I will "never surrender" this treasure"

"Great Product just like the one on tv, highly recommend for any patriot of the best president ever"

After I watched the commercial I turned off the TV but I don't feel secure at home anymore.

Big RR

Re: Get Yours Before They All Disappear!!!

Post by Big RR »

Queer as a two dollar bill. I was never sure what that meant, but it's nothing sexual, more antisocial.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

There is a joke in this that is meant for me, I think. One of the reasons I was so angry and ugly from 2016-2020 was that besides coping with crippling illness and the severely limiting effects on my life, I was also dealing (as were many Americans, my therapist tells me) with the triggering effects of living under the rule of a toxically abusive man who reminded many of us of abusers from our childhood - in my case, my 'father,' who could have been Trump's psychological twin.

One of the few things of any real value I ever got from my father were a bunch of $2 bills - he would give me one now and again after he returned home from nights at the dog track where he squandered vast portions of his wages so his kids could go sometimes hungry and often without basic needs like healthcare and dental care and anything but the very basic educational opportunity.

He always accompanied the $2 bills with a smack upside the head and a reminder how the best part of us dripped down his leg and we were worthless, no good, never amount to anything pieces of shit.

Ah, good times.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Perhaps intended as a joke, but a pretty sad one. Sometimes jikes can help us cope with the horrible, but I don't see that here.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The saying that I used to hear was 'Queer as a three dollar bill', which would obviously be queerer than a two dollar bill.

To BSG: Your father was a monster. I'm very sorry to hear that.