Watching SOTU

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Big RR

Re: Watching SOTU

Post by Big RR »

True Sue, but I bet it plays well with the base.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

From the Guardian's reporting:
From the other side of the political spectrum, however, the gun control advocate Shannon Watts highlighted a darker side to Britt’s performance, as expressed in a particularly lurid passage.

With wavering voice, the senator described meeting a migrant woman who she said described being “sex trafficked by the cartels starting at the age of 12” and who, Britt said, spoke of being repeatedly raped “on a mattress in a shoebox of a room”.

Watts said: “Senator Katie Britt says sexual assault is the worst thing that can happen to a woman while encouraging Americans to vote for a convicted sexual predator.”
And from The Daily Beast:
A GOP strategist told The Daily Beast that Britt’s delivery quickly became a gossip item Thursday night among operatives connected to Donald Trump—something that could have potential implications for her consideration as a vice presidential pick on the 2024 ticket.

“Everyone’s fucking losing it,” this Republican said, requesting anonymity to discuss private conversations. “It’s one of our biggest disasters ever.”
Maybe we should just leave off the criticism and encourage TFG to pick her as VP.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

[aybe we should just leave off the criticism and encourage TFG to pick her as VP.
Be careful what you wish for--she's a lot smarter than Trump (who isn't) and can only help his ticket. And seeing the overly dramatic presentation she mad, she's also shameless, which will play well with the base. I'd rather him run with another big-mouthed asshole--maybe DeSantis? Her inclkusion on the ticket might well draw in alot lot of the more moderate voters.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

After watching the most of the video, I'm convinced that Britt took MDMA before going on air. She looked like her head was about to float upward and stick to her kitchen ceiling.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised that even the republicans (at least the ones speaking out) were not happy with Britt's speech; I honestly thought that it would play well with the party that takes Trump seriously (since they enjoy being manipulated), but that doesn't seem to be the case. I guess there is hope.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:06 pm
From the Guardian's reporting:
With wavering voice, the senator described meeting a migrant woman who she said described being “sex trafficked by the cartels starting at the age of 12” and who, Britt said, spoke of being repeatedly raped “on a mattress in a shoebox of a room”.
As I'm sure you all know by now, these events 20 years ago in Mexico City and Guadalajara while George W. Bush was president. Britt's attempt to link them to Biden, the border and immigrants in the US was simply a lie.
GAH!

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

How can it be a lie? The Gentle Lady is an Honorable Senator and a Republican. Honest Don has worked hard since 2016 to remove any taint of deception from the Grand Old Party. Any one who thinks such would lie is just un-American.

snailgate.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

I saw a headline on the Daily Mail today about TFG now calling himself Honest Don.

We are so far beyond the twilight zone.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

It's like the rise of Trump, the Trump presidency, and the Cult of Trump (formerly known as the Republican party) was the natural extension of the Biff Tannen timeline in "Back to the Future II".
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bennet and Ridgeway?? Ye Gods!
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:53 am
Bennet and Ridgeway?? Ye Gods!
She's so relatable, right? :roll: :roll: :roll:

A friend of mine from Massachusetts told me she was thinking of naming her baby-to-be "Dakota."

"Well, if you're going to go with a place name," I said, "why don't you consider something that's more directly relevant to you personally? Like the place you got married."

"Marblehead?"

"Perfect."
GAH!

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

:lol:
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

That's pretty funny; a friend of mine had a last name which sounded quite similar to a polite (more or less) euphemism for intercourse of the sexual kind; he gave each of his kids the middle name of the town where they were conceived, so it would be something like William Vail Screw--he said they'd always know where they came from. Haven't seen him for years, so I wonder if the kids use those middle names. :D

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I have no clue what those last four posts are about.

In other news, it's possible that Tommy Tuberville is now celebrating the fact that he is no longer the dumbest senator from Alabama. But I'm not worried, I think he'll take back his crown soon enough. Just give him time, it'll happen.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Give you a hint; it's not the SOTU.
I think he'll take back his crown soon enough. Just give him time, it'll happen.
Give him time--he won't disappoint. :lol: