Rebels Without a Clue

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
BoSoxGal

Re: Rebels Without a Clue

Post by BoSoxGal »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:16 am
but by no means are all Trump supporters racists and homophobes and sexists and assholes. Coming up to what might be the most important election in US history it behooves us to mot forget that.
The most depressing thing about the continued strong support for Trump in this country is the realization that yes, there ARE that many racists, homo/transphobes, sexists and assholes.

Because c'mon, if you are NOT a racist, homo/transphobe, sexist or asshole you are not going to support a guy who has done the things that you have seen done before your own eyes over the last 9 years. You could never vote for a man who behaves as he behaves and who risks the security of this nation and the viability of our very democracy the way he does and promises to continue doing.

I really can't make any more excuses for people supporting Trump. They are not very fine people.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Re: Rebels Without a Clue

Post by Burning Petard »

In this century one presidential election turned on the question 'Who would you rather drink a beer in the back yard with?' I cannot imagine a more meaningless reason for choosing the president of the USA. The consensus majority of voters rarely seems to driven by anything resembling an objective standard for matching the office with the elected office holder.

I never thought I would live to see the victory of HL Mencken over Walter Lipmann in the question of the future of the democratic state.

I guess that qualifies me as an irrelevant old geezer.

snailgate.