Change You Can Believe In!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
dales

Change You Can Believe In!

Post by dales »

:ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok :ok
US gas prices jump 19 cents a gallon
Sunday, April 10, 2011

(04-10) 11:06 PDT Camarillo, Calif. (AP) --

The average U.S. price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped 19 cents over the past three weeks.

The Lundberg Survey of fuel prices now puts the average price for a gallon of regular at $3.76.

Analyst Trilby Lundberg said Sunday that's 91 cents higher than the price at this time last year.

The national average for a gallon of mid-grade is $3.90. For premium it's $4.01 a gallon.

Lundberg says diesel prices rose 11 cents a gallon over the past three weeks, to $4.09.

Tucson, Ariz., had the nation's lowest average price for gas at $3.41. San Francisco had the highest at $4.13.

In California, the lowest average price was $4.02 in Bakersfield.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... 656D67.DTL

© 2011 Hearst Communications Inc. | Privacy Policy | Feedback | RSS Feeds | FAQ | Site Index | Contact

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Crackpot

Re: Change You Can Believe In!

Post by Crackpot »

It was to be expected (By anyone not sticking their head on the sand which face it is alot of people) that one the recession was at or near over prices would rise near to levels they were before. and lets face it a shitload of unrest in the region isn't helping matters.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

dgs49

Post by dgs49 »

Look on the bright side.

People will consume less, find alternative means of transportation, and save the (fucking) planet.

People who drive trucks and SUV's will be punished for their foolishness and selfishness.

And it's still only a fraction of what most people are paying in Western Europe and Japan.

And it's only money.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

If only the weather would warm up a little bit more as the motorcycle is the transportation of choice.

dales

Post by dales »

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

per litre!!!!
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

All I know is that everyday there is less change I can believe in after I hand over my notes to pay for the petrol.
Bah!

Sean

Post by Sean »

Gob wrote:Image

per litre!!!!
Fucking hell! That's about 20c more than here.

You should drive to Queensland to fill up and save some money! ;)
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Canberra gets it's petrol charged at higher rural rates.

Guess why that is?
Bah!

Sean

Post by Sean »

Because it's not a real city?

;)
Why is it that when Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's 'art' and 'edgy' but when I do it I'm 'drunk' and 'banned from the hardware store'?

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

It is larger than Hobart or Darwin and they don't get charged rural rates.

Guess again.
Bah!

Sean

Post by Sean »

Well... and I'm probably about to expose my severe lack of knowledge when it comes to Australian governance... since Canberra is the seat of federal government, maybe it doesn't have an actual state government as such or be recognised as a state capital (so to speak)...

Am I getting closer?

The Hen

Post by The Hen »

Nope.

It's because everybody hates us.

:nana
Bah!

Sean

Post by Sean »

The Hen wrote:Nope.

It's because everybody hates us.

:nana
LMAO - Everyone listens to Billy... :nana ;)

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Wow. I thought ours was expensive at $1.29.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

rubato

Post by rubato »

dgs49 wrote:Look on the bright side.

People will consume less, find alternative means of transportation, and save the (fucking) planet.

People who drive trucks and SUV's will be punished for their foolishness and selfishness.

And it's still only a fraction of what most people are paying in Western Europe and Japan.

And it's only money.

You forgot "address the biggest item in our trade imbalance and the largest thing we can do to keep us out of wars" other than that you're right on.

yrs,
rubato

dgs49

Post by dgs49 »

I didn't forget that. In fact I don't really see how spending more for imported oil and making the trade deficit worse is "on the bright side."

Unfortunately, most of our oil consumption is not discretionary and even if we try to conserve, the total spent on imported oil increases with these crude oil price increases.

Although you do raise a good point: The Democrats like to use the expression "energy independence," but they never do anything to achieve it. They waste their time and effort on initiatives that are not (and will never be) economically viable or scientifically sensible.

Indeed, the U.S. - had the Dems not fought logical development all the way - could have acheived complete energy independence years ago. All we have to do is drill for oil where it exists within our borders, invest in coal gasification and conversion of coal to motor fuel, and exploit our natural gas resources.

Done. Problem solved.

Motor fuel at $2.00/gal (or equivalent) forever.

Grim Reaper

Post by Grim Reaper »

Done. Problem solved.
You mean shoved off to a later date, with no plans being made for then. Not to mention an increase in pollution from mining and processing all that coal.

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Took the bike out today. Don't know if it's bad gas (I did not stabilize it over the winter) or what, but I get a "miss" every once in a while, like it's running on one cylinder.
Then it clears up and is fine. The first time out it happened about 3 times, and only once the second ride. Tomorrow I'll clean the spark plugs and see if one of the is darker than the other.
50+mpg is better than 20mpg.

ETA
I don't know abou Aussie, but much of Europes high gas prices is due to taxes.

Gob

Post by Gob »

A dollar plumbing three-year lows is hitting Americans squarely in the gas tank, and one economist thinks it could drive prices as high as $6 a gallon or more by summertime under the right conditions.

With the greenback coming under increased pressure from Federal Reserve policies and investor appetite for more risk, there seems little direction but up for commodity prices, in particular energy and metals.

Weakness in the US currency feeds upward pressure on commodities, which are priced in dollars and thus come at a discount on the foreign markets.

One result has been a surge higher in gasoline prices to nearly $4 a gallon before the summer driving season even starts, a trend that economists say will be aggravated as demand increases and the summer storm season threatens to disrupt oil supplies.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42683030
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”