GOOD RIDDANCE

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
dales

GOOD RIDDANCE

Post by dales »

THE OLD CRONE ANNOUNCED HER RETIREMENT TODAY!

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Re: GOOD RIDDANCE

Post by Gob »

Ok, was she part of the "Tales of the Unexpected" series or something?
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

dales

Post by dales »

The old battle axe resigned June 7.

It was time for her to leave and may all her wishes come true. 8-)

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

She had more balls than you.

She dressed down presidents from both parties for > 40 years and told the truth. She was an honest journalist. A nearly extinct species in the era of "he said she said" Journamalism.

yrs,
rubato

dales

Post by dales »

She had more balls than you.
Once again, rubato takes a personal swipe at a poster with whom he disagrees.

Why is this?

A sense of deep insecurity and uselessness would be my guess.

yrs,
rubato

rubato

Post by rubato »

Once again bosco takes a personal swipe at someone and then whines that the world should treat him differently than he treats other people.

yrs,
rubato

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

To anyone who has watched her at press conferences in recent years, (not just the Presidential News Conferences, where her insulting and disrespectful behavior resulted in her rarely being called on by Clinton, Bush or Obama...but also the daily White House Press Secretary briefings) it was apparent that she had become a completely senile old crank. She became such an embarrassment that UPI finally had to dump her a few years ago.

She ended her career exactly the way she deserved to end it, given her behavior; by making herself out for the bigoted old fool she had become.

Like Dan Rather, Thomas was definitely way past her sell by date...
ImageImageImage

dales

Post by dales »

rubato wrote:Once again bosco takes a personal swipe at someone and then whines that the world should treat him differently than he treats other people.

yrs,
rubato

You might try to prove what you posted, rubato.

Until then, I will not pay you any mind.

You're not worth the ASCII.

yrs,
rubato

Crackpot

Post by Crackpot »

Lord Jim wrote:To anyone who has watched her at press conferences in recent years, (not just the Presidential News Conferences, where her insulting and disrespectful behavior resulted in her rarely being called on by Clinton, Bush or Obama...but also the daily White House Press Secretary briefings) it was apparent that she had become a completely senile old crank. She became such an embarrassment that UPI finally had to dump her a few years ago.

She ended her career exactly the way she deserved to end it, given her behavior; by making herself out for the bigoted old fool she had become.

Like Dan Rather, Thomas was definitely way past her sell by date...

Can't say that I disagree only that only that others are far more off and have been for much longer.
Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Can't say that I disagree only that only that others are far more off and have been for much longer.
You have a point...

Being a political junkie, I frequently have the daily press briefing on in the background (C-SPAN carries it) while I'm working....

Just about anybody with a blog can get credentialed to attend those things, so you see some real characters....

There's some guy from India who always asks a question about India regardless of whether or not there's anything in the news about it that day...

There's a right wing conspiracy crank who always asks some off the wall questions at the very end....

Sometimes you see questions being asked that are so unbelievably stupid that you wonder how the people asking them were able to dress themselves and find their way to the White House Press Room. I remember a couple of years ago some old hippie-type looking woman (I suppose she was with Democracy Now! or some leftie radio station or blog) asking if Cheney was considering resigning over the shooting accident he had with his friend...then as a follow up, she asked if the incident would have been "worse" if Cheney had killed the guy....(If she was trying to be funny, I have to say that she's a master of dead pan humor....there was absolutely no hint of sarcasm in her delivery...she appeared to be absolutely serious.)
ImageImageImage