This will cheer you up Jim!

Right? Left? Centre?
Political news and debate.
Put your views and articles up for debate and destruction!
Gob

This will cheer you up Jim!

Post by Gob »

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has won a fourth term in office after defeating opposition leader Henrique Capriles.

Mr Chavez won 54% of the vote, the country's electoral council announced.

Noisy celebrations among Chavez supporters erupted across the capital Caracas following the result.

Turnout was more than 80% and voting was extended beyond the official closing time at some polling stations which still had long queues.

Electoral council president Tibisay Lucena announced that with 90% of votes counted Mr Chavez had taken 54.42% of the vote with Mr Capriles on 44.97%.

Mr Capriles congratulated President Chavez but told opposition supporters not to feel defeated.

"I want to congratulate the candidate, the president of the republic," he said at his campaign headquarters.

He added: "We have planted many seeds across Venezuela and I know that these seeds are going to produce many trees."
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Lord Jim

Re: This will cheer you up Jim!

Post by Lord Jim »

Oh that's just spiffy....
ImageImageImage

Gob

Post by Gob »

;)
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Chingo le...