Christmas Plans

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
RayThom

Christmas Plans

Post by RayThom »

I'll most likely will be found in my dark, dank, hovel gumming tepid gruel and maybe a bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, and a fragment of underdone potato. All the while rocking back and forth in my own feces, talking to my invisible 'friends.' I hope I don't run out of coal oil for my lantern.
BAH! HUMBUG!
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Re: Christmas Plans

Post by wesw »

aw, ray. you can come here. you aren t far. my truck needs the exercise and gas is cheap....

wesw

Post by wesw »

... and it s been a while since I said..., Road Trip!!!

RayThom

wesw. THANKS...

Post by RayThom »

wesw wrote:aw, ray. you can come here. you aren t far. my truck needs the exercise and gas is cheap....
... but no thanks. I rather sit in my own shit.
“In a world whose absurdity appears to be so impenetrable, we simply must reach a greater degree of understanding among us, a greater sincerity.” 

wesw

Post by wesw »

where else would an asshole be comfortable.... :)

if you change your mind, clean yourself up and yodel across the valley to me

dales

Post by dales »

any one<sic> ever played gut strings? how do they sound?
BELCH!

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

For the first time in five years my scheduled days off coincide with Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (and a week later, New Year' Eve and New Year's Day).  Unless I choose to work some overtime (time-and-a-half plus holiday pay on what would probably be a slow day anyway — can't make money any easier than that!) I'll probably go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, sleep in, and go out for Chinese on Christmas Day.
-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

wesw

Post by wesw »

yeah ray, it s a little chilly for snakes, but I could take you on a tour of sighting and killing locations, witness interviews, even pictures of dead copperheads. I may even be able to find you a person with brown recluse scars

nothing says Christmas like venomous creatures

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Christmas Eve has been settled and we are going to my brothers house where we will sadly be without Aunt Dottie. But we will still gather 'round the tree and sing Christmas Carols and bond as a family as we have been doing for all my life.
Christmas day most of the famliy gather at my house for a roast beef dinner and some egg nog and playing with whatever toys we got. I tried to convince my wife we should serve the traditional Christmas goose (according to Dickens anyway) but she would have no part of it. Go figure. :shrug
My son and his fiance are flying in on wednesday (12/23) and I get the honors of picking them up at the airport. :shrug They were going to rent a car but the prices went from about $30/day to over $100/day for that weekend. So not only will they be taking over my man cave but they will probably be borrowing my car from time to time while they are here.
Dad and my sister and her family are coming down from outback Pa. for Christmas also.
All is good. Family, Christmas, nothing could be better. :mrgreen: :ok

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

bigskygal wrote:What's bubble & squeak???
Boiled mice? :shrug
Treat Gaza like Carthage.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

:lol:
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

The 19th I will be singing the bass parts in Messiah as I have done for the last few years; this year the concert is a fundraiser for a Greek Orthodox Church near home. Still working on the solos as I am singing with an orchestra and getting paid, so there is an expectation I will be good (and I am fighting a cold).

The 24th is our immediate family dinner (minus whoever has to work) followed by a Christmas Eve service where I'll sing with my church choir.

The 25th will be our traditional open house to our extended family; it's difficult to know exactly who will attend, but I've learned not to seat those small things--just more leftovers for the rest of the season.

The 31st is my traditional new years dinner for a few friends (this year 6); this year I plan to serve a Danish feast including rice porridge as the opener, roast pork in a red currant gravy (my grandmother used to call it fresh ham) as the main course, and raspberry pudding (my grandmother's recipe) for dessert. Plenty of wine and cocktails and champagne to ring in the new year.

Lord Jim

Post by Lord Jim »

Jarlaxle wrote:
bigskygal wrote:What's bubble & squeak???
Boiled mice? :shrug
ImageImageImage

Jarlaxle

Post by Jarlaxle »

Working the 24th, so is Liz. Going to my mother's after work, probably having meat pie. Christmas and the weekend with Mom, home Sunday...working the next week.
Treat Gaza like Carthage.

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

And I didn't know a tribble had more than its fur, reproductive system, and digestive tract. You learn something every day.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

Tribble lives matter.

dales

Post by dales »

:funee:

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Gob

Post by Gob »

“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

oldr_n_wsr

Post by oldr_n_wsr »

Boiled mice look better. :mrgreen: