Wee Julius

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
MajGenl.Meade

Wee Julius

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I thought you might be gobsmacked by an interview the leader of the ANY Youth League (the very much not youth at 30 years of age, Julius Malemo). The head of the kindergarten was asked what his favourite possessions are. He said he didn't have any. In fact, he wasn't at all tied to material things.

As an example, he cited his home in Sandton (a formerly all-white and still very rich suburb of Jo'burg) where he doesn't even care how it's decorated. No, he just hires interior decorators and they make all the changes without him being involved.

His second example was when a colleague handed him two bottles of 30 year old Chivas Regal - one for him and one for a struggle comrade. Julius is so unconcerned with material possessions you think he gave both bottles to the comrade? No, he and his entourage drank them both and when the comrade showed up to get his gift they laughed at him.

See this guy thinks those are both sterling examples to South African youth of how to be non-materialistic. In connection with his "nationalise the mines" mantra he had this to say yesterday:

"As a country you are the 'owner of a mango tree. You can’t eat those mangoes', "Malema said in an interview with South Africa’s eNews late yesterday. "The president says you can now eat those mangoes.”

Good Lord he can't even let the rightful owner of a bottle of Scotch enjoy it!

Yours in disgust
Meade
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Re: Wee Julius

Post by Gob »

I'm awaiting the full impact of "white flight" from SA. I can see anarchy and Zimbabwean style hyperinflation there, alongside political turmoil there will be mass deaths. You be careful Meade mate, much as we may disagree on things spiritual, I still respect you as you are a good man.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

liberty

Post by liberty »

I suspect he is right Meade. South Africa may appear to be first would country but
I think that appearances can be deceiving. It could be very easily a hard crust over quicksand. The place could go to the hell over night. I would be prepared to get out in a hurry if I was you. But, I would have gone there in the fist place, you are just a better Christian than I am, but don‘t be martyr.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Did David Ben Ariel drop in for a visit when no one was looking?

Contrary to extremist Afrikaaner propaganda, South Africa is not hugely more violent now than it was under apartheid. Violence was just easier to contain (and whites were more insulated from it) when poor, desperate people were largely confined to the "homelands". For years, non-whites were penned up in what were essentially huge concentration camps with scant opportunities for education or employment, where poverty, sickness and lawlessness were given free rein to wreak havoc, with complete indifference from most whites on the outside. Now that apartheid has been dismantled, in law if nowhere near completely in fact, people are surprised that South Africa has not become a paradise on earth overnight.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

liberty

Post by liberty »

This will happen. The Afrikaners and other whites of south Africa will loose their land regardless of the validity of their land titles. That is just the way it is; in a democracy when ninety percent of the voters want something and there are no safe guards to prevent it and even sometimes when there are safe guards it will happen. The white South Africans will loose there land for the same reason that Cherokee and other civilized Indian tribes of the Southeast lost their land; it is what the voters want.

At least the Indians got replacement land.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4140990.stm

One-Minute World News

SA 'to learn from' land seizures

Some 80% of agricultural land is owned by white South Africans
South Africa's new deputy president has been condemned after saying that the country should "learn lessons" on fast land reform from Zimbabwe.
The opposition Democratic Alliance (DA) said Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka's comments were "irresponsible".

The eviction of almost all of Zimbabwe's 4,000 white farmers is widely seen as having led to the country's economic crisis.

South Africa recently said it would move to speed up land reform.

Some 80% of agricultural land is owned by white South Africans, who make up only 10% of the population - the legacy of apartheid laws.

Since the African National Congress won power in all-race elections in 1994, it has not seized white-owned land but has pursued a policy of "willing buyer, willing seller".

'Oomph'

But Ms Mlambo-Ngcuka said this had been "too slow and too structured."

"There needs to be a bit of oomph. That's why we may need the skills of Zimbabwe to help us," she said.

Zimbabwe offers a textbook example of ways in which land reform should not be carried out

Kraai van Niekerk
Democratic Alliance

Long wait for land
At the same time as the Zimbabwe government moved to speed up its own land reform in 2000, thousands of government supporters forcibly occupied white-owned farms, leading to several deaths, many rapes and countless beatings of black farm-workers.

The government denied opposition accusations that it had orchestrated these land invasions.

"Zimbabwe offers a textbook example of ways in which land reform should not be carried out," said DA agriculture spokesman Kraai van Niekerk.

He said existing laws were sufficient to redistribute land and blamed delays on government inefficiency.

At a summit on land reform held last month, government officials said they would do more to speed up the redistribution of land from white to black farmers.

Since 1994, only 4% of land has been acquired by the government from private owners for redistribution purposes, and unused state land has also been redistributed.

Ms Mlambo-Ngcuka was appointed deputy president in June after her predecessor, Jacob Zuma, was implicated in corruption allegations.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.

Timster

Post by Timster »

Scooter nailed it.

Liberty is a racist cunt. Always has been, always will be.

However Liberty, feel free to carry on and have your antiquated racist' views blown out of the water.

You help us keep some perspective.

And for that we thank you.

Tim
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

liberty

Post by liberty »

Timster wrote:Scooter nailed it.

Liberty is a racist cunt. Always has been, always will be.

However Liberty, feel free to carry on and have your antiquated racist' views blown out of the water.

You help us keep some perspective.

And for that we thank you.

Tim
How in the hell do you figure that, just because I won’t dance to someone else tunes. What is racist about my prediction? Even if it wrong it wouldn’t be racist, unless it is racist make comment about a predominately black nation that could be seen as negative.

What is racist about what I said?

You can keep your mind control I will do my own thinking.

Your statement is racist. As you see because I am white I have no right comment on anything black without being a racist. Well I never surrender my freedom of speech.

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Post by Econoline »

For what it's worth, I've always figured you as not so much racist or unintelligent so much as just ignorant and unwilling to rise above the racist background in which you've lived all your life. I've seen signs of openmindedness in some of your posts, but I've seen more signs of blindly parroting the Republican party line. Turn off the right-wing talk radio, read some of the opposing arguments yourself (rather than just listening to the right wing's partisan version of the left), and you might have a chance. Just my 2¢.
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

Gob

Post by Gob »

Bongo has gone and stuck his oar in where it's not wanted again..
JOHANNESBURG, South Africa - Bono caused a stir in South Africa on Sunday after expressing support for the singing of an anti-apartheid struggle song that includes the lyrics "shoot the farmer."

The song has been at the centre of a politically charged controversy in South Africa, where the firebrand leader of the ruling party's youth league is locked in a legal battle with a white lobby group over whether the song should be banned as hate speech.

The U2 frontman, who is in Johannesburg ahead of a Sunday night concert for the band's 360 Degrees Tour, said in an interview with South Africa's Sunday Times that struggle music like the "shoot the farmer" song has a place.

"I was a kid and I'd sing songs I remember my uncles singing ... rebel songs about the early days of the Irish Republican Army," he said, proceeding to sing a song whose lyrics spoke of carrying guns and readying them for action.

"We sang this and it's fair to say it's folk music ... as this was the struggle of some people that sang it over some time," he told the newspaper.

But the Irish rocker went on to say such songs shouldn't be sung in the wrong context.

"Would you want to sing that in a certain community? It's pretty dumb," he said.

"It's about where and when you sing those songs. There's a rule for that kind of music."

Talk radio and the Internet burst into discussion Sunday morning over whether the comments amounted to support for Julius Malema, the outspoken leader of the ruling African National Congress's youth league, or for Afriforum, the Afrikaner lobby group seeking to have Malema banned from singing the song at rallies.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/entertai ... z1DtQFX92p
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

liberty wrote:The Afrikaners and other whites of south Africa will loose their land regardless of the validity of their land titles.
If you hadn't already made up your mind, it might have occurred to you to question how white South Africans came to hold many of those "land titles". Without going back so far as to look at how South Africa was colonized in the first place, someone who was the least bit inquisitive might have wondered where all of those tens of millions of blacks lived before they were exiled to the "homelands" during the decades in which apartheid was being implemented, and how it came to be that the land upon which they had lived and farmed for generations was transferred to white owners.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Timster

Post by Timster »

Really? K. Thank you Scooter.How in the hell do you figure that, just because I won’t dance to someone else tunes. What is racist about my prediction? Even if it is wrong it wouldn’t be racist, unless it is racist make comment about a predominately black nation that could be seen as negative.

Fuck you Liberty. You are back tracking and trying to hide your fucked up agenda.

You are Not reasonable. You are Not rationale., You are a sick Racist bastard that has not fully thought over their position.

So what?

Fuck you.

Kiss my Arse!
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

Timster

Post by Timster »

Sorry. I meant to speaK TO dsg

PUTZ!

Arthur Schopenhauer-

Gob

Post by Gob »

Article in the left leaning Guardian;
The year is 2019. President Julius Malema thumps his fist on the lectern and roars: "South Africa shall never be a colony again!" He whips up the crowd into a patriotic frenzy with chants about the hated Boers. He promises: "We will drive the white man from the land, we will drive him from the mines, we will drive him from the boardrooms. Africa for the Africans."

This is the nightmare future that haunts many South Africans, black and white. They regard Malema as a clown, a loudmouth and a bully. But they increasingly fear that he really could follow Nelson Mandela in going from the African National Congress youth league to president of the republic. The man they compare him with is not Mandela but neighbouring Zimbabwe president-cum-dictator Robert Mugabe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ap ... ert-mugabe
I thin Meade may have a good perspective.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Econoline wrote:For what it's worth, I've always figured you as not so much racist or unintelligent so much as just ignorant and unwilling to rise above the racist background in which you've lived all your life. I've seen signs of openmindedness in some of your posts, but I've seen more signs of blindly parroting the Republican party line. Turn off the right-wing talk radio, read some of the opposing arguments yourself (rather than just listening to the right wing's partisan version of the left), and you might have a chance. Just my 2¢.

Econoline, I will have you know I am just as likely to listen to NPR as Rush. Both sides are right on different points from times to time, but I am no one’s puppets. However, here lately I have not listen either very much.

On the subject of South Africa and the Afrikaners, are we really any different. Their European ancestors settle in South Africa in the 1600’s and ours settle here at about the same time. They dispossessed the original inhabitants there and we did it here. The only difference is they had help. The Bantu speaking (African) people moved down from the north while Afrikaners moved up from the south. In the middle Bushmen were almost eradicated. So doesn’t the country actually belong to the bushmen. Are they gong to get their land back? No because it is not about what is right it is about numbers. They do not have the numbers in population to make a serious demand.

liberty

Post by liberty »

Timster wrote:Really? K. Thank you Scooter.How in the hell do you figure that, just because I won’t dance to someone else tunes. What is racist about my prediction? Even if it is wrong it wouldn’t be racist, unless it is racist make comment about a predominately black nation that could be seen as negative.

Fuck you Liberty. You are back tracking and trying to hide your fucked up agenda.

You are Not reasonable. You are Not rationale., You are a sick Racist bastard that has not fully thought over their position.

So what?

Fuck you.

Kiss my Arse!
Tim, I will not sink to your level of name calling, but it appears to me that you are the one that is sick. You need someone to hate. Well I can’t do anything about your needs and feelings but I am not going to stop making comments and observations about things that interest me. If you can’t deal with that, I am sorry but that is your problem.

Now, you could be helpful and explain me to what it was that you saw as racist, but you won’t. Why you won‘t do it I don’t know. It appears to be some kind game you play.

Timster

Post by Timster »

Then don't sink. Think.

Arthur Schopenhauer-

Timster

Post by Timster »

Arthur Schopenhauer-

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Scooter wrote:Did David Ben Ariel drop in for a visit when no one was looking?

Contrary to extremist Afrikaaner propaganda, South Africa is not hugely more violent now than it was under apartheid. Violence was just easier to contain (and whites were more insulated from it) when poor, desperate people were largely confined to the "homelands". For years, non-whites were penned up in what were essentially huge concentration camps with scant opportunities for education or employment, where poverty, sickness and lawlessness were given free rein to wreak havoc, with complete indifference from most whites on the outside. Now that apartheid has been dismantled, in law if nowhere near completely in fact, people are surprised that South Africa has not become a paradise on earth overnight.
Thanks Scooter - what part of South Africa do you live in? I'll stop by for a visit and we can chat about your expertise in "extremist Afrikaaner propaganda". Perhaps you have some numbers comparing murder rates, rape etc. before 1994 and since? I don't know what those are.

It's a fact that there are some extremist Afrikaners. Their drivel hardly makes a dent in the news here in South Africa and they remain a teensy weensy minority - but a useful whipping boy nevertheless. (I'm sure Scooter you enjoy as I do "The Whipping Boy" column in the Sunday Times - he's a hilarious drug-infested, alcoholically infused non-conformist).

It's a fact that the apartheid government tried to create "homelands" - but you fail to know that their main objective was not to herd blacks out of South Africa but so that they could deny "South African" citizenship to all the millions who did NOT live in those homelands but in the "white" Republic. You see they needed all those blacks to be IN South African but not OF South Africa. They needed miners, the industrial workers, the gardeners, the maids and so on. They even tried to create "black industrial areas" conveniently right next to major areas of employment in "white" South African cities. The whole situation is far more complex than knee-jerkers like to admit. I recommend a book: "The Rise and Fall of Apartheid" by David Welsh.

Julius Malema and his ilk; Zuma's legion of family and friends - the "tenderpreneurs" - who now grow fat and rich (extremely so) - the "wabenzi" - are symptoms of the disease that will ruin this country unless the people can overcome the past. Right now the rubber bullets fired by black police are flying into the bodies of black service protesters who demand to know why they have no toilets, no water, no electricity, corrupt ANC local government, the disappearance of millions of rands, teachers who don't show up at schools but keep their jobs, no roads, potholes where there are roads, no jobs, and no hope. Why does Wee Julius whoop it up in "One and Only" the most expensive hotel in South Africa and lie about even being there ("You won't find my name on the register" - correct; his room was paid for by his pal Kenny and booked in a company name).

The point is not that Julius is "different" to any other person pre-1994. The sad point is that he's just the same. Your own "Juliuses" walks the halls of DC and of London just as often. But here, the real Julius has a racist agenda, a demagoguery to create and the very, very real opporunity to do so.

Besides, he refuses to listen to rock and roll because it is "capitalist propaganda". Good job Chivas Regal is a communist concoction, eh?

Regards
Meade
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

loCAtek

Post by loCAtek »

Huzzah!

rubato

Post by rubato »

If black South Africans had taken the same model of retributive justice we and our allies did at Nuremburg they would still be lining whites up to be hanged by the gross each day.

If they had used the financial punishments on the whites which was applied to Germany at Versailles (not to pick on the Germans or anything) the whites would all be living in corrugated iron shacks and working as field hands and miners.

yrs,
rubato