Meghan, Harry and Greta-not

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
TPFKA@W

Re: Meghan, Harry and Greta-not

Post by TPFKA@W »

An update on Koo: https://www.tatler.com/article/prince-a ... al-payment
Seems she got someone else to keep her and now has lost it.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I had to laugh at this line from the piece TPFK@W linked:
Lawyers representing Ms Stark, who starred in The Rocky Horror Picture Show . . .
She had an uncredited role as a bridesmaid. I had to go to IMDB to find that out.

Sue U

Post by Sue U »

ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:37 pm
I had to laugh at this line from the piece TPFK@W linked:
Lawyers representing Ms Stark, who starred in The Rocky Horror Picture Show . . .
She had an uncredited role as a bridesmaid. I had to go to IMDB to find that out.
I don't even remember that scene -- although it's been at least 40 years since I last saw that movie.

(DId I just say that? Fuck I am old.)
GAH!

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

As I recall, there were two weddings, the one at the beginning ("Betty" and one of Brad's friends) and when Frank "married" Rocky; I believe the first had bridesmaids and the bride though the bouquet; I don't think Frank's did. I would check out the begining scene.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

I didn't know until I checked the IMDB that Betty, at whose wedding Brad and Janet did not get engaged, was Hilary Farr, billed then as Hilary Labow. If you've ever watched a HGTV show call 'Love It or Leave It', Hilary Farr is the 'Love It' makeover person.

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Interesting. I've seen commercials for that and I never woudl have known.

As for Brad and Janet not getting engaged at the wedding, I thought that Janet caught the bouquet and Brad proposed to her after that (with the song Dammit Janet). Indeed, the reason they were out on the rainy night is that they were going to visit a former teacher (Dr. Scott) and tell him of the engagement. But I'm really not sure of the latter--I haven't seen the movie for years, but saw the Rocky Horror Show on Broadway a while back (with Dick Cavett) as the narrator and that was part of his narration-in the movie theater everyone started screaming at the narrator as soon as he appeared, so I couldn't tell what he said, but it makes sense in the lyrics of Dammit Janet (Let's go see the man who began it ... Janet ...When we met in his science exam it). I know the score a lot better than the film.

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

My memory, which is Not To Be Trusted, tells me that Brad was reluctant to propose to Janet (Susan Sarandon) after she caught the bouquet at Betty and I've-forgotten-his-name's wedding. There was some interval between that and Dammit Janet but you may well be right.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I remember college Fridays consisted of attending a showing of the Rocky Horror Show. We dressed for it and threw toast and rice. But in all honesty I didn’t have any idea what was actually going on in the movie, because you couldn’t hear over the crowd, until I bought the dvd and watched it. Such wasted youth.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

I'd comment if I'd ever got around to watching it even once.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Back to Harry.

"It has been unbelievably tough for the two of us, but at least we had each other," he said.

Q. What, in your opinion, has been "unbelievably tough" for the poor dears?
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

Gob

Post by Gob »

:lol:

It just goes to show how this "woke" phenomena corrupts thinking. To be fair to Harry he did do two tours of Afghanistan, yet now he's complaining about the press being rude to his Mrs, and him being ignored by granny.
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

His attitude toward the press might have something to do the fact that he saw them literally hound his mother to her death. I'm sure those scars run pretty deeply.

And we have seen several instances in the past where the Palace could have put a stop to it with a few sharp words. So it comes off as tacit approval when they don't.
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Andy--
ex-khobar Andy wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:37 pm
My memory, which is Not To Be Trusted, tells me that Brad was reluctant to propose to Janet (Susan Sarandon) after she caught the bouquet at Betty and I've-forgotten-his-name's wedding. There was some interval between that and Dammit Janet but you may well be right.
True, but it was in the graveyard right after the wedding (both were in their wedding clothes) and he had a diamond ring in his pocket. A few minutes may have elapsed, but not much more. One day I'll have to watch it again (I have the DVD my kids had).

By the way, Iooked up the groom's name, Ralph Hapschatt (perhaps a play on "shit happens"?).

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Scooter--you may be right, but then I do not have a lot of sympathy who make their livings (here a quite handsome one) for doing nothing else but being celebrities, and then come whining when they realize that celebrity is a double edged sword. It's kind of like "give me my millions and publicize every bit of shit that comes out of my mouth as if it were words from on high" (if I say you can), but then give me my privacy. It doesn't work that way; you make a deal with the devil, you take the downside as well as the rewards.

And before you say, they didn't ask for it, they are doing their best to stay in the public eye--giving interviews with Oprah, etc. They're not giving the rewards up and want to remain in the public eye, reaping those rewards.

MGMcAnick

Post by MGMcAnick »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:02 am
I'd comment if I'd ever got around to watching it even once.
Same here, although I had at least one acquaintance who dressed up and went to a weekly midnight showing for a LONG time. Her name was Janet.
A friend of Doc's, one of only two B-29 bombers still flying.

Gob

Post by Gob »

157855491_2840282009625756_3295503456319348260_n.jpg
157855491_2840282009625756_3295503456319348260_n.jpg (10.96 KiB) Viewed 1235 times
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

ex-khobar Andy

Post by ex-khobar Andy »

From the Guardian, which is doing a play-by-play account of the interview:
Harry: my family cut me off financially in the first half of 2020

We’re back.

Harry says that the deals with Spotify and Netflix deals were never part of the plan, but that his family cut him off financially in the first half of 2020 and he had to find a way to afford security.

He has what his mother, Princess Diana, left him, but other than that has been cut off financially.
He announced that he was giving up the job in January 2020.

Every job I've ever had, they stopped paying me when I resigned. I'm pissed. Should I write to Oprah?

Gob

Post by Gob »

158297587_235289338297692_2104426790303974565_n.jpg
158297587_235289338297692_2104426790303974565_n.jpg (27.42 KiB) Viewed 1209 times

Guinevere

Post by Guinevere »

Remember, women should be seen and not heard. And preferably not even seen. Especially when they are brown-skinned American members of the royal family. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What, exactly has the royal family done which make any of you believe them instead of Meghan and Harry? How are they icons of modernity and tolerance?
“I ask no favor for my sex. All I ask of our brethren is that they take their feet off our necks.” ~ Ruth Bader Ginsburg, paraphrasing Sarah Moore Grimké

Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Yet again America will defeat the British Crown by spilling tea.

-- David Gardner
"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're on the menu."

-- Author unknown