I'm Like It's Literally In The Name So It Is What It Is....

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

I'm Like It's Literally In The Name So It Is What It Is....

Post by Joe Guy »

Econoline
Location: DeKalb, Illinois...out amidst the corn, soybeans, and Republicans

Re: I'm Like It's Literally In The Name So It Is What It Is....

Post by Econoline »

I wonder what she'd think if she saw Wienerschnitzel on a restaurant menu?
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Surely she was being ironic.

This is what I choose to believe.
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Or just playing dumb, like some people did on the old Jay-walking on the tonight show (you don't get on TV if you answer the question correctly).

But in either case, she was doing it quite well; I was pretty convinced she was that stupid. I honestly hope I was fooled.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Econonline, I suspect the speaker would have no idea that the name refers to cutting up a person from Austria. But I do wonder what she does with French Fries.

Then again, English does have the habit of giving particular names to food made from animals, so we can pretend it is not that. But we are ready to admit to eating chicken, duck, turkey, lamb. We do strange thing with 'veal' but accept 'calf liver' I guess it all comes down to the problem that using logic will not get you very far in understanding people.

But this clip does act to reinforce my judgement that Tik Toc is bad. (a fine example of blaming the messenger)

snailgate

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

The above video above came from X but I found it on YouTube so I could post it here. Now she has a follow up video that I can only find on X. I don't know if you'll be able to see it without signing up but here's the link.

I can't find her name so I don't know if she has more videos on any other video streaming websites.

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Yes Joe, except for what is the explanation for the tiktok logo that appears under the speaker in the video you post at the head of this thread?

Snalgate.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

I first discovered the video on Twitter but it was a re-post, not placed there by the person who is in the video. Since there is no way to copy and post a Twitter video here, I did a search on YouTube and found the video shown in my opening post. That video looks as though it was copied and pasted on YouTube from Tik Tok by someone who uses the handle "NursingMoma". I think it probably originated on Twitter but I'm not sure.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

Big RR wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 6:25 pm
I was pretty convinced she was that stupid. I honestly hope I was fooled.
Me too.

I wonder if she'd say that "vegetarian burgers" are made from ground-up vegetarians?
People who are wrong are just as sure they're right as people who are right. The only difference is, they're wrong.
God @The Tweet of God

BoSoxGal

Post by BoSoxGal »

Mmm, ground up vegetarians - nom nom - grass fed flesh, delish!
For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
~ Carl Sagan

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Has the board of Rabbis ruled on whether or not it is ok to put mayonnaise and cheese on an impossible burger?

snailgate.

Econoline

Post by Econoline »

God @The Tweet of God

Burning Petard

Post by Burning Petard »

Wonderful. Now I can offer my observant Jewish friends a nicely grilled cheeseburger with mayo, but keep the hotdogs away.

snailgate

Bicycle Bill
Location: Surrounded by Trumptards in Rockland, WI – a small rural village in La Crosse County

Post by Bicycle Bill »

40 years ago, the makers of A.1. steak sauce asked — and answered — this same question.

-"BB"-
Yes, I suppose I could agree with you ... but then we'd both be wrong, wouldn't we?

liberty

Post by liberty »

I wonder if this lady was ever told how hamburger got its name?

There is a disagreement, but I contend that hamburger is a sausage. There are only two requirements for a sausage; it has to be a ground meat and spiced. Hamburger is ground beef and is spiced with salt and pepper, so it's a sausage. Therefore, it's not surprising that it comes from the sausage capital of the world and is named after one of Germany's major port cities, Hamburg.

I love sausages; I have yet to meet a decent sausage I did not like. I love them all from the humble hot dog wiener to Bologna; one of my favorites is bratwurst. There's only two that are on my naughty list that's liverwurst and blood sausage, but let's don't get disgusting.
I expected to be placed in an air force combat position such as security police, forward air control, pararescue or E.O.D. I would have liked dog handler. I had heard about the dog Nemo and was highly impressed. “SFB” is sad I didn’t end up in E.O.D.