Ambulance survey: "was Hitler cool"?

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Gob

Ambulance survey: "was Hitler cool"?

Post by Gob »

I think my skills are needed in the UK, the place is fucking insane..
Ambulance defends 'Hitler' survey

Some West Midlands Ambulance Service staff contacted their union after being asked if they thought Adolf Hitler was a "cool" leader in an NHS survey.

Unison said it had received complaints from a few members who found the question inappropriate.

The service defended the survey, which asked staff to rate leaders like Gordon Brown and Richard Branson.

Steve Jetley, health campaigner and a former worker with the service, said the survey was also a waste of money.

The project was to look at the characteristics of good leadership, to allow the organisation to be more efficient, a spokesman said.

"In discussing different styles of leadership a survey, which is one small part of the project, sought to include an analysis of a dictatorial style.

"With hindsight, it would have been better to have used a different example.

"There was no intention to cause any offence."

The survey is one part of a £10,000 year-long study funded by the Strategic Health Authority.

A Unison spokesman said: "Some people have said it is inappropriate, and objected to it, and a lot of people have objected since seeing press reports.

"Although it was not the best thing to say, it has been blown out of proportion.

"It is part of a much larger project and we support the investment into the future."

Mr Jetley, who resigned from his job after being suspended for allegedly leaking documents to the BBC, said: "Regardless of the merits of the research project, at a time of NHS financial crisis, it is clearly both morally and economically wrong to fund this kind luxury.

"I would also argue that the NHS needs "cool" management.

"What it really needs is management that staff respect; and spending £10,000 on a project that asks 'what makes a manager cool' when crews are tired and overworked because overtime has been cut as a result of a shortage of funds, will certainly not help."

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/u ... 672781.stm

Published: 2010/05/10 20:06:53 GMT
Ten Grand to find out "what makes a manager cool"?

Fuck me ragged.....
“If you trust in yourself, and believe in your dreams, and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

Aard Vark

Re: Ambulance survey: "was Hitler cool"?

Post by Aard Vark »

It is like the quetion
Would you prefer a leader that
1 Drank a bottle of Scotch a day, womaniser and was discharged from the army for cowadis
2 War vetren, non drinker, fathfull husband and a vegertrian.

1 Churchill
2 Hitler

It's all got to be put in perspective, but to spend any amount on this is just a way for some "professional" to make a killing.

I could of told them what they needed to know for a lot less. If a manager can do the job they want the others to do then they can manage properly

dales

Post by dales »

The answer is closer than one realizes..... 8-)

Your collective inability to acknowledge this obvious truth makes you all look like fools.

yrs,
rubato

Big RR

Post by Big RR »

Question 2 is whether Charles Manson was a cool leader.

Utter waste of money.