White pride

All the shit that doesn't fit!
If it doesn't go into the other forums, stick it in here.
A general free for all
Joe Guy

Re: White pride

Post by Joe Guy »

It comes gnaturally to me.

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I can but hope and spray that you stop it.

Joe Guy

Post by Joe Guy »

Would you really commit pesticide?

TPFKA@W

Post by TPFKA@W »

I would beetle it to death.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

Bicycle Bill wrote:Not to mention that black slavery was not exclusively an American thing
True as you mean it but there's that chauvinistic "America" word again. When will you people learn that you mean "USA", not "America? Fact is that chattel slaves were destined almost exclusively to THE Americas, although one can certainly argue that the genuine "Americans" in those places were themselves being enslaved, eliminated and otherwise pushed off a cliff.

In the widest sense, the slavery referred to was commenced by Arabs and black African tribes, enthusiastically discovered and taken on board (see what I did there?) by Europeans, principally British and Spanish/Portuguese merchants. Africans were transported to European colonies and plantations in all the Americas (south, mid, and north) and the Caribbean. During the north American (minus Canada) colonial revolt against Britain, the slave trade was banned by the insurgent authorities ('75-'83). One cannot blame "the United States of America" until 1783 (thank you, South Carolina and Georgia and new states to be named later) but after that there's tons of obloquy to be heaped on Yankee bottoms and Southern shoulders.

Both Britain and the USA banned the slave trade (that is, transport from their native place to the countries named) around 1807. The British of course used the Navy to stop British vessels off the coast of Africa right away and the USA gradually joined the effort until achieving full cooperation in 1862. Yes, there's tons of blame all around and very few clean hands.

By the way, Bill; maybe 'polish' wasn't capitalized because they were making allowances for someone like Joe who, as proved in other threads, is not beyond maquerading as other than pinkish.
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

rubato

Post by rubato »

dp
Last edited by rubato on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

rubato

Post by rubato »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
Bicycle Bill wrote:Not to mention that black slavery was not exclusively an American thing
True as you mean it but there's that chauvinistic "America" word again. When will you people learn that you mean "USA", not "America? Fact is that chattel slaves were destined almost exclusively to THE Americas, although one can certainly argue that the genuine "Americans" in those places were themselves being enslaved, eliminated and otherwise pushed off a cliff.

In the widest sense, the slavery referred to was commenced by Arabs and black African tribes, enthusiastically discovered and taken on board (see what I did there?) by Europeans, principally British and Spanish/Portuguese merchants. Africans were transported to European colonies and plantations in all the Americas (south, mid, and north) and the Caribbean. During the north American (minus Canada) colonial revolt against Britain, the slave trade was banned by the insurgent authorities ('75-'83). One cannot blame "the United States of America" until 1783 (thank you, South Carolina and Georgia and new states to be named later) but after that there's tons of obloquy to be heaped on Yankee bottoms and Southern shoulders.

Both Britain and the USA banned the slave trade (that is, transport from their native place to the countries named) around 1807. The British of course used the Navy to stop British vessels off the coast of Africa right away and the USA gradually joined the effort until achieving full cooperation in 1862. Yes, there's tons of blame all around and very few clean hands.

By the way, Bill; maybe 'polish' wasn't capitalized because they were making allowances for someone like Joe who, as proved in other threads, is not beyond maquerading as other than pinkish.
Until sometime in the 1800s slavery had been the basis of every major civilization in all of history. It was not exclusively or even significantly a black 'thing' until late in the institution. Serfs in Europe were slaves, most people in Japan were effectively slaves, Rome, China, Greece, Persia, India, Russia, Jewish mythology describes Hebrews being enslaved by their neighbors and doing the same in turn, one of the most common outcomes of any conflict between adjacent populations was the periodic capture and enslavement of each other. The slave trade between east Africa and the Arabian peninsula continued into the 20th century and De Jure Slavery was not outlawed in Ethiopia until Haile Selassie did so in order to join the League of Nations in the 1930s (lot of good that did him!). Few clean hands? Crap. There were no clean hands. Slavery was how things were done.

"South America stole our name,
lets drop the big one
there'll be no one left to blame us … "

Get over it Meade.
"America" is the name we call ourselves.
And we are entitled to use our own name for ourselves just as others claim the same right. I could whine that "Great Britain" is not even "Pretty Good Britain" or even "Adequate Britain" but, I don't. Pathetic people can keep their conceits and pull their skirts down.

MajGenl.Meade

Post by MajGenl.Meade »

the slavery referred to
That's what I wrote about and the slavery referred to (by BB) was black slavery - Africans exported to the Americas.

So piss off with your lessons about other kinds of slavery
For Christianity, by identifying truth with faith, must teach-and, properly understood, does teach-that any interference with the truth is immoral. A Christian with faith has nothing to fear from the facts

rubato

Post by rubato »

MajGenl.Meade wrote:
the slavery referred to
That's what I wrote about and the slavery referred to (by BB) was black slavery - Africans exported to the Americas.

So piss off with your lessons about other kinds of slavery
Hey, sorry, You're a little old to be learning new things, I get it.

yrs,
rubato

wesw

Post by wesw »

well, I ll be an ant s uncle!!!!

wesw

Post by wesw »

and it is fine t0, be pr0ud 0f being French, l0rd jim.....

...as l0ng as y0u are fr0m Quebec 0r l0uisiana.....

8-)

wesw

Post by wesw »

s0unds like y0u need less0ns , meade.

try reading the 0riginal English translati0n 0f 1001 Nights......

y0u ll learn ab0ut black slavery and stere0types.

black slavery really still exists, and n0t in America, buck0.

rube is right.

we americans get the blame f0r slavery when slavery was just a fact 0f life f0r m0st 0f the w0rld and f0r much 0f human histry.

rube right, meade pissy.